cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly purchased Data allowance missing

Marto
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My new monthly subscription started yesterday. My 3 Gigabytes of data is said to be USED already. I was not using data on my mobile phone yesterday or today.

My usage history shows that I used 1.7Mb of data yesterday.

Can someone help me with this issue? It is urgent for me

15 REPLIES 15

Marto

I cannot accept that my phone could have consumed 3 GB of data instantly on the first day of my subscription. I monitor my data usage carefully. I had 1.5 GB of data remaining in my previous subscription. I know they do not carry over but it demonstrates how closely I monitor my data usage.

Marto

The usage history in my Public Mobile app shows that I only used a Megabyte or two on the day before and the day after my subscription began. Thanks for asking this.

this is why I can say that my three make a gigabytes of data have gone missing, unused by me. Someone else suggested that it could be used unknown to me. I suggest this would not be possible since I monitor my data usage carefully. Furthermore, at 3G download speeds, it would not be possible to consume this amount of data.

Marto

Thank you. The public mobile app on my phone shows the same information as the browsers. Public mobile even sent me a text to say that my data was used. Data usage history shows about 2.7 Mb used

@Marto have you tried using Private browser mode to login My Account and check the usage to avoid cache problem showing you the outdated usage?

if you did and still showing data are all used, check the usage history to see if it shows 3GB was used in the last 2 days:  https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/usage-details

if still I doubt with the data, open a ticket with support by messaging them:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Marto  You most likely used it up unaware of it . Maybe a rougue app in background or OS update 

Marto

I have done this. My public mobile app on my phone shows the same. I even received a text from Publicmobile saying my data was used up

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Marto

Thank you. I will check this out for sure.

@Marto wrote:

No. This is not a data add on. This is the monthly  purchase of phone coverage plus 3 Gigabits of data. Thanks for your question

Sorry, my mistake.  By chance do you have WiFi assist on?  That will cause mobile data consumption even when on WiFi?  BTW, are you on a old 3GB plan that cost $30 or $35?  This plan offers 60GB over 90 days and costs $34 every 30 days based on a 90 day subscription.

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/20GB-4Gspeed

@Marto 

Incognito mode is called Private Window on Mac

1. Open Safari and click on File in the menu bar at the top.
  2. Choose New Private Window, and you will get a new window to browse privately in Safari on Mac.
  3. Alternatively, you can use the Mac shortcut Command + Shift + N to access incognito mode in Safari.

Marto

No. This is not a data add on. This is the monthly  purchase of phone coverage plus 3 Gigabits of data. Thanks for your question

@Marto  you can use this link to ask support to investigate for you 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Marto

Hi, Thank you for the reply. Working on my Mac now and that suggestion did not seem to work. I don't know how to access incognito or private mode.

I see the name Maire is an Irish name, as am I. Just an observation. Thanks again.

Marto

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Marto , are you referring to data add-on?  Data add-ons now have an expiry, unlike the past.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Marto  Probably just. Cache issue try the app or if on website 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1695763893628.jpeg

For most up to date account info

Need Help? Let's chat.