cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money is there but won't renew

dovahlicious
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone expired yesterday but I was out all day for appointments so I got on my PC last night to renew my plan and was greeted with ...

...a small loyalty credit

...a large fall 2016 promo credit

...and  90 days pass debit

...I was left with a large credit in the end

This was all new and confusing for me but, hey free money, right? I'm game.

So I paid the balance of my account, realized I'd forgotten the taxes so I made a second payment of what I usually pay in taxes for my full balance.

And I waited...and waited...and waited some more. Using wi-fi and FB messenger I replied to texts, went thru my email and played a few games on my PC and phone while I waited. I finally realized no amount of waiting was going to renew my account so I decided to contact public mobile help. It took me a bit to find the page to contact the moderators but I did find it and began to write them a message...and fell asleep halfway thru lol

This morning I tweaked what I wrote last night then finished and sent it in.

I expect to hear from the mods once they read my letter and look at the issues, I just wanted to see if anyone here on the forum has any ideas on fixing this? Should I pay the amount credited to my account and put in a request to get back the 90 pass debit cost?

Any ideas are welcome ...Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dovahlicious set up auto pay and get $2 rewards for every month, 90 day $6

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dovahlicious just so you're aware:  you can literally use any cell phone that is within reach of any cell tower to dial 911.  It does not need to have an active plan.  So you would still be able to reach 911 in the unfortunate event of needing their help.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@dovahlicious wrote:

Thank you, that is solid advice.

The problem is my poor health if I fall,  have a seizure or am having trouble breathing I need to be able to call help. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and hope for the best.

Thank you for your reply, have a great day.  

Food for thought: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/100-SERVICE/m-p/183753#M33693

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

It sounds like to me, the Automatic process started (as you say you had a huge credit), and it was somewhre in the middle of the process.   Please make sure to check that your credit card WAS NOT chareged more than what you did yourself.  I think there's a chance you may have been in the middle of the entire process, as it does seem to start later every renewal for me.

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dovahlicious wrote:

The problem is my poor health if I fall,  have a seizure or am having trouble breathing I need to be able to call help. I guess there's nothing to do but wait and hope for the best.

Is there a reason why you are not adding a credit card to your account so that the payment automatically deducts upon renewal? That way, you do not have to manually top up your account each time.

dovahlicious
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

The plan should renew automatically as soon as you add sufficient funds that is equal to the plan cost. Taxes are changed on your credit card on top of your total amount due-rewards. Due to some glitch, sometimes it does not renew and require mods help. I see that you already contacted them. So wait for them to take a look at your account and correct it from their end. 

Need Help? Let's chat.