cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moderator imposter?..have I been hacked?

Leia63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was unable to submit a ticket

private messaged CS_agent

answered all verification questions 

they responded that I was authenticated but then the answer to my issue had misspellings and incorrect information (my issue is with my US text and talk roaming add on not working) and didn’t fix the problem 

I replied accordingly and now I have text in a red box over their previous message saying authentication failed, mismatch 

9 REPLIES 9

@Leia63  phone8 ver iOS 15.1. 

Public Mobile's VoLTE  list includes iPhone 8 with ios16, can you update the phone over wifi?

@Leia63   Does your account show that the add-on is in your account?  If so, you need to connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T, preferably on 4G/LTE since 5G can be problematic with AT&T.  If voice still doesn't work then try the 2G network on T-Mobile (which would imply you don't  have a VoLTE enabled phone).

HI @Leia63 

which plan do you have?

Unlimited international text only means you can send to everywhere while in Canada

if you are in US, you will need roaming add-on or a Canada-US plan to use service in US.  

So, what plan do you have?

Leia63

My phone is old and am aware this may be part of the problem 

iphone8 ver iOS 15.1. 

Leia63

However the issue still isn’t solved as still getting 

Sorry, your plan does not include sending texts while in the US. Incoming texts are included. To add a US Roaming Add-On, visit selfserve.publicmobile.ca

when I try to text or call

@Leia63   I've got that red box when I clicked on a link in the notification email to go to the message but was not logged in to Public Mobile at the time.  

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Users may be able to help if you explain the issue and your phone model. 🙂

Leia63

No longer getting that message and have now gotten another response advising me to reboot

thank you

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Leia63 

agents are real person and their spellings are not perfect 🙂

can you try to close the browser, relaunch and relogin Community and reply agent message again?

if you still get the red box, post us a screenshot  of the error so we can help further

Need Help? Let's chat.