cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile signal is week

PRAVEENMADARAPU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm living near Mount Pleasant Village public school, Brampton. I'm not having good mobile signal and even my wife is also on Public mobile and having same issue. I switched to multiple phones but still same issue. 

Please resolve.

Thanks

Praveen

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@PRAVEENMADARAPU  What happens when you are using the phone, what works and what doesn't or are you going by number of bars?

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PRAVEENMADARAPU 

You can see on the Canadian Cellular Site Map that there's rather poor coverage over that school. There's a Rogers tower, a Bell tower, and a Freedom/Shaw tower about a block away, on the opposite side of the tracks. There's a Rogers tower a couple blocks away in the opposite direction. There's nothing else within a few more blocks. I'm not surprised that there's poor signal from such distant towers in such a built-up area. I wouldn't be surprised if they have poor reliability and slow data performance while serving many users during peak periods (ie: when large crowds of parents all show up at the same place to drop off or pick up their children, and they all sit in their cars using their phones at the same time). Public Mobile subscribers use the shared Telus+Bell network (which means access to only one cell site in that area). You might or might not see different signal strength on different networks - Telus+Bell, Rogers, Shaw in this instance. You won't really see different signal strength on different phones - phones won't magically receive a strong or clear signal when a weak or noisy signal is being transmitted.

You should edit your post to remove your phone number. This is an open forum, anyone on the internet can find it. And we are Public Mobile subscribers, like you, we are not Public Mobile employees.

You can contact Public Mobile (Telus) employees by getting the chatbot to open a support ticket. I doubt your complaint would accomplish anything since Public Mobile (Telus) has no control over the equipment Bell chooses to install in Bell-licensed areas.

You can try buying a signal booster or repeater, if any consumer versions are (legally) available in your region. You can keep your phone battery topped up at full power (plug it into an automotive charger). You can try the other networks (roll the dice, although just judging by the map it looks like they're all about the same). You can try simply asking people which cellular/wireless providers they use when you observe them getting good signal in that area.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PRAVEENMADARAPU 

There's only so much which can be done, depending on tower location and environmental situations.

Do you and your wife have good signal capabilities outside of the location where you are?

If so, there may be little which can be done, regrettably.  You might try resetting network connections or switching to 3G or LTE as may be needed for calling vs data.

If you wish to ask a customer support agent to consider, here's how:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

For the love of BLEEP @PRAVEENMADARAPU Don't put your personal phone number on a public forum. We're all customers like you. LOL.

Need Help? Let's chat.