cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network state : disconnected . New Samsung A53

aproyal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, I need some help before I toss my phone over a bridge lol. I bought this samsung A53 and since then I've been having major issues with making outgoing and receiving calls. 

I noticed today that the mobile network state says disconnected.

I've tried basic fixes: restarted phone, reset mobile network, turned on airplane mode. Nothing seems to fix this. 

Can anyone please help? Is this a public mobile issue or a phone issue? I've checked other threads confirming this phone should work on this network. 

9 REPLIES 9

@aproyal 

what happens when you try your wife's sim in the device? 

was the device factory reset before used?

did you have to sign into your Google/Samsung account? 

maybe try factory resetting if there was no setup process when you first turned on the device. 

aproyal

Thanks! Data does work. I have like 4/5 bars so I think it is connected to the network.  Not blacklisted thank you for providing the link. 

aproyal

Hi there, yes I'm certain it's the new device. I have an old iPhone i put the Sim into and it works fine. No new account renewal recently either. 

aproyal

Thanks for confirming! For outgoing calls all it does is immediately end the call- no ring or message. For incoming, it's similar- it appears to try to connect but then the call fails and there is no ring. 

I have good reception so that's not the issue either. 

aproyal

Amazon. No outage in my area as my wife with a different provider has no issues 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@aproyal 

Where did you buy the phone? 

It seems you tried all the trouble shooting steps.

There could be an outage in your area so check the outage map:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

@aproyal wrote:

Hi guys, I need some help before I toss my phone over a bridge lol. I bought this samsung A53 and since then I've been having major issues with making outgoing and receiving calls. 

I noticed today that the mobile network state says disconnected.

I've tried basic fixes: restarted phone, reset mobile network, turned on airplane mode. Nothing seems to fix this. 

Can anyone please help? Is this a public mobile issue or a phone issue? I've checked other threads confirming this phone should work on this network. 

"Mobile Network State" as reported on Android phones is unrelated to to phone calls.  It's only an indicator referring to mobile data.  If mobile data is turned off, that indcator will also say disabled, and some phones will say this if you're connected to Wi-Fi. This is normal.

When it comes to phone calls, are you hearing any error message read out when trying to place an outgoing call? For incoming calls, are you callers hearing an error message, or are all call going straight to voicemail?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@aproyal 

• are you certain that issues started with the new device?
  • did your account just renew recently?

if you still have your old device or a device that works, install the sim and check to see if the issue still persists. this will rule out service disruption as the issue

try changing the preferred network to LTE. make sure 5g isn't enabled and restart the device 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@aproyal does data work? does the phone showing connected to the network?? you chexked your sim in another phone?  

check if phone is blacklisted here first

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.