cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data stopped working

nipunika
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Everything was working fine yesterday. But today morning when I left my house, and the mobile data was turned on, it didn't show those 2 lines with the H symbol that gets shown beside the signal bar at the top right. And basically there was no internet connection. So my mobile data has stopped working or even showing the symbol at the top. Even though it is cleslry turned on. 

6 REPLIES 6

@AdamLove wrote:

How to check APN

@AdamLove - try a reset of the device's network settings.

If still issues, check APN. For Android phones try editing to this.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/what-you-should-do-after-activating

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

AdamLove
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How to check APN

KeithInVan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Something is broken with mobile data.  I have 2 Public Mobile phones, two different accounts.  Data stopped working on BOTH phones yesterday and has not restored.  Both accounts are showing as "ACTIVE" with lots of data available and they are on autopayment, but its not even the end of the cycle. 

So whats up PM?

EDIT:  Just rebooted one of the handsets and suddenly data is automagically fixed.   Cant test on second handset as its not home at the moment.  two completely different android phones running different OS versions.  So something weird happened yesterday to the network.

EDIT 2 - Rebooted second handset and data was immediately restored.  No other settings touched, same on 1st handset. So this was 2 different brands of phones (completely different manufacturers) which both exibited the exact same issue on the same day.  Definitely not a end-user issue here but thankfully a simple reboot resolved function.

jhaja1914
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Check you balance for the entire month u might need to top up your plan to get more data

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@nipunika   is voice working without issue at all?

You always have just H symbol on the phone status bar?  Go to Preferred network type or Network mode, change it to 4G or LTE or Automatic or anything that includes 4G or LTE, see if works

If not, try to turn off the phone for 5 mins and try again

Still not work? try to click Reset all networks and see if it helps (Please note that will reset all your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections as well, but you just need to rejoin them after )

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@nipunika , so you are getting a network connection but no data?  If that is the case, I would check the APN settings and also for data usage limits that might have been reached.  

Need Help? Let's chat.