cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data hasn't worked for two days

RMUSE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I made a recent trip to the US and didn't use my phone. but got a message from public Mobile welcoming me to the states. I do go often with no issues.

Later back home I noticed that the mobile data wasn't working.

It is an Android phone

I can't find a "FreedomPop" app that some talk about.

I made no changes to the phone, but I noticed I had to manually turn on the "Roaming data" which gives me a notice that extra charges will apply.

Is this normal to have to turn this on?  And it has worked for several years without doing this.

I did check my data and most remains.

Thank you for your comments.

3 REPLIES 3

RMUSE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,  Interesting,  I turned off automatic preferred Public Mobile and manually selected PM and it seems to work.  Funny as it worked for more than 4 years without doing anything.  In this fringe area the Canadian signal is stronger than the US one  Thank you for your information

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@RMUSE 

You don't need Roaming data enabled unless you are roaming with a 15 day US Roaming add on. Try rebooting your phone first to see if that fixes the data issue. If not remove your Sim card, wait 10 minutes, reseat Sim card and reboot. Better yet put your Sim card in another phone before reseating. Lastly reset your network settings.

Use the refresh arrow in hour self serve account and/or login using secret/in ognito mode to ensure you are seeing up to date info in your account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RMUSE you live close to the US border and the phone is picking up the stronger  US signal. 

Go to your phone mobile network page, change the network from Automatic to Manual select and pick Public Mobile from the list 

Need Help? Let's chat.