cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile Data Not Working

ggriffiths
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently paid my account balance for another month and since my mobile data is not working. I have tried ALL troubleshooting recommended and still can not load anything essential.
Why am I UNABLE to use the 3GB included in my plan?? And is the bonus 2GB available just once or with each reload??

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ggriffiths 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

if you can't fix it you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to 
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket

Spoiler
  • Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ggriffiths Did you use up all your data? What does it say in your data usage on your PM account and your phone?  Compare the two to see if there's inconsistencies.

To check data usage (Android)

Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network > Data Usage

Someone can help you with the iPhone if they wish to.

@ggriffiths 

I am assuming you had used all of your plan data and the bonus 2gb of reoccurring plan data that appears on the right side of your overview page under "my promotions". The data counters for your data will disappear once completely depleted.

You have manually topped up your account to pay for your plan renewal. When is your renewal date? Until that date your options for more data are to purchase a data add on $15/1gb. Wait out the time until renewal or contact customer support to renew your plan early. You could change plans but you will lose your 2gb plan data bonus so its not really an option.

When your plan does renew both your regular plan data and your bonus plan data counters will reappear and reset to zero.

@ggriffiths wrote:

Calling and texting works, anything that uses mobile data (yes including weather, emails, social media, google maps etc) does NOT work

@ggriffiths 

If you can post a screenshot of your overview page, it would make it much easier for us to help you.

If you don't want to or can't, then check these things in your account:

1)

Under My Data & Add-Ons, do you see any data still available? If Not, that's why your data doesn't work any more while you still have texts and calls. You can buy a data add-on or renew your plan now to get new data.**

If there is data showing, then recheck the settings on your phone to make data work that you may have changed inadvertently. Try the SIM in another compatible phone if possible. Do a software/carrier settings update if necessary.***

2) Check if the payment you've made to your account show up in the Available funds.That $$ will only be used when it's time for your plan to renew according to schedule, not before, unless you change/renew plan now. It can also be used to buy add-ons if you wish to do so..

Note:

** If you want to renew the plan early, you'll need to ask CS for help.

*** If nothing works, there might be the odd chance of a SIM problem and you may need to ask CS to check and re-provision it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ggriffiths : The plan will only renew at the renewal date. This is not pay as you go. You can deposit money into the account beforehand, but it just sits there waiting for the renewal or for you to do something with it.

Your renewal date is the pay before date up top. Equals pay by 11:59pm ET of the day before that day.

Edit: again...screenshot = 1000 words

ggriffiths

Calling and texting works, anything that uses mobile data (yes including weather, emails, social media, google maps etc) does NOT work

ggriffiths

The same iPhone that I was using 3 days ago when the sim and data was working (before I made payment)

ggriffiths

Ah that's a good question! How do I renew the plan if not to simply just load funds?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ggriffiths 

Does calling and texting work?

Try loading other websites - like search the weather.   Does it work?

You might wish to try forcing the network connection to 3G only - some have reported data improvements.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ggriffiths have you enabled auto pay?

What phone are you using?

Could it be a SIM card issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ggriffiths : But did the plan renew? Just adding money doesn't do anything on its own unless after suspension. Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

Need Help? Let's chat.