cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing about ~10% of incoming texts on Unihertz Titan Pocket

mh1983_2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Have been a long time Public Mobile user. I got the Titan Pocket awhile back and have had no issues with it on PM until recently.

In the last month or so, I'll see the "tail end" of a text from friends or family. I'll write them back to see if I missed anything and they'll screenshot a text they sent that didn't go through (shows as "delivered" for them, but I don't receive it and never do).

This only started happening recently. I haven't made any changes to config on my phone, SIM card is secured. I've rebooted, am on latest updates. Not using any funky messaging stuff (just standard SMS/MMS, no Google RCS or anything and the same for people texting me). My immediate family are on Rogers but my wife is also on PM and I experience the missing incoming text symptom with them all.

Highly frustrating. PM moderators looked at my APN settings and they're correct. Anyone else encountering this issue and is there anything else I should test/troubleshoot? 

3 REPLIES 3

mh1983_2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for replies, @Dunkman , @hTideGnow . I've done a few reset network settings, I forgot to mention. I had a longer string in "APN type", so I just updated to the one you provided, @hTideGnow. Just got a few messages from family member whose texts get lost in the mix sometimes, so will see if that might've fixed the issue and report back. Thanks again!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mh1983_2 

Maybe try a network reset of phone (note: this will erase any saved Wifi settings)

You could clear cache from messaging app. Or try a different messaging app.  

You could also try your SIM card in another working phone. That will help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @mh1983_2 did you try Reset all networks

and check the APN settings

APN: sp.mb.com
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
APN Type: default,supl,mms

Need Help? Let's chat.