cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed calls every 2 hours from Burundi/Seychelles/Somalia at all hours of the day/night!!

maryisk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Someone please help. I don’t know why this is happening. My phone will ring once and hang up, it has been going on for two months but today was the worst! Blocking the numbers doesn’t help as it’s a different number each time.C104F097-0356-49A8-85A5-AFC3C0A583F1.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

Knock on wood, I don’t recall getting these at all.

When I was with Rogers, I sometimes got voicemails directly left in the voicemail inbox, without the phone ringing, and nothing in the call log.

ICnatSepll
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

On Fido I was getting 2-3 of these calls a day and the GF was too.  On top of that we are getting the fake CRA calls and another automated call that comes in Chinese. 

The last couple months have been pretty awful

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I get these calls as well.  I believe the intention is to get people to call back and occur huge long distance build.  Unfortunately, the strategy doesn't work with Public Mobile.

May be Apple needs to auto block spam calls just like what Google did. 

Kristi1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@maryisk

Yes, happening like this from Burundi, on Rogers as well, even is not ring, just phone wake up and then is missing call.

Looks like you cannot do anything 😞 unfortunately… Because they using so different numbers – blocking them do not much…

Just have the patience, hope after a while they will look for other “victim” 🙂

Patience, patience and smile - do the trick

maryisk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do sometimes get calls for business of numbers that aren’t in my contacts so I’d prefer not to do that

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@maryisk Use Call Blocker app and block everyone except people in your Contact list. Woman Wink

EDIT: If that is not suitable for you, based on your screenshot, I would suggest to block only international calls.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yeah it has been happening to me as well. Other carries such as virgin mobile, fido has been having the same issue. I really dont understand why it has been happening. 

C104F097-0356-49A8-85A5-AFC3C0A583F1.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.