cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed And Delayed Texts

PreachJohn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why does this Site make it so hard to directly contact an Agent? I don't know how to do that. As this is a Technical issue and not one for our general PM population.

A Text was sent to me on Oct. 11 re: a Funeral of a dear Friend. I not knowing that the Info was sent wondered why I was cut out from the Funeral. This really disturbs me.

Cause it turns out I did not receive this Text. Then yesterday Sun. evening 11/12 I received  2 Texts from the same person @6pm that engendered confusion. Cause they'd actually been sent Sat. morning 11/11.

Now I wonder just how many other Texts are missing.'Specially since I'd just blasted Someone for ignoring my Texts. Did they possible reply and I just didn't get it? What an insecure feeling to have to rely on such unreliable Telus Servers.

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@PreachJohn 

On the senders end, they should got a notice that the text didn’t reach you. 
Double check to see if the time on your phone is correct. This could effect the timing of the text being received. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It's possible the problem is on the senders end. Maybe they have iMessage and/or RCS messaging and don't have it set to fallback to SMS if needed.

EDIT: Make sure you and the sender have MMS messaging enabled. Also make sure your phone is set to automatically download MMS messages. I say this because if it was a group text scenario it may have sent as an MMS. And MMS also requires that your phone data be turned on, even though it doesn't count against your data.

What phine are you using and what phone was the sender using?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PreachJohn 

while you wait for a Customer Support person...just make sure your cellphone's software is current.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Not sure how this can be happening but here is the link the speak with a Public Mobile CS agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.