cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misguided Promotions

Fancyface
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

why tell people to register for auto pay to reduce their bill, yet still charge them the original price, I signed up for auto-pay got the summary of how my monthly bill would look after the reduction but I still being charged my original payment 

11 REPLIES 11

Public Mobile hasn't updated or cleaned up their website text forever. Not even during all their exciting forum "upgrades". The word I want to use is "incompetent".

New customers can still bump into all sorts of information about 90-day plans, 10-day plans, the old Rewards system, the build-your-own-plan calculator, LTE data speeds, province-wide calling, province-wide and Canada-wide texting, the old Pioneer support number - all things which are not options you can choose or options which apply anymore. Confusing, misleading, irrelevant information.

Imagine going to a supermarket and seeing that they've changed all the aisles around, they've discontinued some items, they've introduced some items, they've packaged and priced everything differently - but they haven't removed all the little tags which describe the items and prices they used to have on those shelves years ago.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

Good thing that you join before January 25 or you will be on the new Points system where the $2 credit doesn’t apply anymore.

Remember, the government wants their share if taxes.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fancyface 

Can you advise:

1. what plan you are on & in what province (i.e. tax rate)
  2. the amount that has been withdrawn from your payment card for the past few cycles
  3. whether you have any other account credits (i.e. referrals or loyalty credits)

You would have paid the FULL plan price for the activation.  Everybody does.  Any credits which are applicable upon activation get added to the 1st cycle's renewal 30 days in, then on the 2nd renewal 60 days in, the credits revert to the regular 30 day cycle reward.   

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Fancyface wrote:

why tell people to register for auto pay to reduce their bill, yet still charge them the original price, I signed up for auto-pay got the summary of how my monthly bill would look after the reduction but I still being charged my original payment 

@Fancyface  - you are absolutely entitled to your $2 autopay discounts if you signed up in December 2021, and registered with Autopay. And, you did not opt in to the new rewards program.

Note, with this above scenario, the 1st $2 would have been applied along with your 2nd payment to PM. So really you should have seen 2+2=$4 on your 2nd cycle renewal in January.

Then is should have continued in February 2022.

Can you provide a snippet of your transactions under the "View Payment History" going back to December 2021?

If you signed up in Dec 2021, your first discount should be applied on renewal in Jan 2022.

What plan you are on? What your transaction show on self-serving account? What SMS from 611 said after renewal? What rewards have been applied?

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Fancyface You sure you're not just paying the province taxes?

@Fancyface   Please note all amount showing on PM My Account is Pre-tax amount.   PM will add tax on top of your plan amount so your credit card will be showing a higher amount ($Plan amount - $discount  + tax)

Can you login to your transaction history in MY Account (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/) and check the details on how PM charged you?  It should show a line item: AutoPay Reward  there on your payment date.   

Fancyface

it shows my estimated payment with the $2 discount but like I said I'm still being charged my original amount it shows on my card statement 

@Fancyface   if you joined in December, you should still be on the old system with the $2 Autopay discount, UNLESS you switched to the new system.

Please login to My Rewards site (https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards) and see if it is showing dollar values of points value of your reward  there.   If it is showing dollar values, you are still on the old one.  Also, if you are on the old one, you should see all your rewards there, Autopay $2 should show clearly on the dashboard if you have enrolled.

Fancyface

December 2021

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Fancyface   When did you join Public Mobile?

PM has changed to the new rewards system recently.  All new activation will join the new rewards system.  The new rewards system no longer offer $2 Autopay discount.  Instead , you will early 5% for all the spending you have with Public Mobile.

But Autopay is still useful, you get 500 MB bonus data for plan $25 and above.  Also, you don't have to worry about paying the bill manually

Need Help? Let's chat.