cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Massive registration problems. Please help!!

CDNRick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A good friend of mine has tried registering for Public Mobile. She bought a SIM card and went through the setup on the main site. The setup said that it denied her credit card, yet I still got a text message saying that I had recieved my $2 discount for a friend referral. She tried two more times to register and each time it said it denied her card. When she called MasterCard they said it wasn't them stopping any payment. 

Now when she got her credit card statement she has been billed three times, We've tried signing into her account but it doensn't recognize her email address, and since she was a Koodo customer before she needed a new phone number. We didn't write it down since we had intended to go on here and get it changed back to her old number. So now she has a new number but doesn't know what it is, can't get into her account, and has been billed three times by Public Mobile.. 

Can anyone help!!??

9 REPLIES 9

CDNRick

^Yup. I had nothing to worry about.. I'm in a discussion with a Mod now.. 

Looking forward to this getting fixed. 

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The Moderator Team is best in class and they will respond back to you efficiently.

Nothing but good things to say about these folks!

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@CDNRick

Per Public Mobile:

How quickly should I expect a response from a  Community Moderator?

• During business hours, we strive to answer all customer messages/inquiries as soon as possible. Usually, that is within an hour, but in peak periods, it could be as much as within 48 hours of receiving the message.

They will usually get back to you within 3-4 hours from my experience with contacting them. 🙂

CDNRick

I sent a message to the mods over an hour ago but haven't heard anything back.

How long does it normally take to get a response?

Don't mean to be difficult. Just wondering. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

That is  one on the nice things about the messaging method, send request, continue with day,  and no elevator music

CDNRick

Thanks all. I've sent a message throught the links you provided to the Mods. 

Looking forward to some sort of solution. I'm sure we will find something! 

I'm at work right now and can only work on this between customers. 

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@CDNRick I know Mary is already taking care of the issue just wanted to chip in the trying same credit card multiple times always seems to get it flagged in systems

Better to try a different card or browser etc if system giving errors

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @CDNRick,

thank you so much for taking the time to write on our community!

Please follow the suggestion above and send us a private message, we'll be more than happy to look into this for your friend!

kind regards,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @CDNRick,

Sorry to hear about the registration issues your friend has experienced. The registration process glitches from time to time and will require intervention from the Moderators to resolve the issue.

In your case, I would suggest you or your friend to send a message to the Moderators with the account number, account name, phone number, e-mail, pin and a detailed description of the issue you've experienced and they will be able to help complete the registration and refund any extra charges to your credit card.

You can use the below link to send a message to the Moderators:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.