cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Marshmallow vs Nugaut OS

Heavyrocker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Anyone do the new update to the Nugaut OS....i think it sucks.

10 REPLIES 10

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I'm running Nougat custom ROMs on both my phone and tablet and find things are just smoother than with Marshmallow.

In the case of my tablet battery life is greatly improved, for the phone it's about the same. 🙂

WearySky

@srlawren wrote:

@WearySky yeah, might be fun to try O beta on a spare device, but not on a daily driver.  I try to stick to stable builds for my daily driver.

I don't mind messing around with my Nexus 6p... It's surprisingly easy to roll back without losing *too* much in the way of settings and the like.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@WearySky yeah, might be fun to try O beta on a spare device, but not on a daily driver.  I try to stick to stable builds for my daily driver.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky

It is VERY dependent on the phone.  Nougat has been pretty solid on my Nexus 6p, and the addition of a restart option in the power menu was a LONG awaited fix.  I'm tempted to try out the O beta, but I'm not sure I'm that brave. 😛

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Heavyrocker probably depends on the phone.  Whatchat using?  I know when I upgraded from Marshmallow to Nougat on my OnePlus 3 it fixed the few little bugs that irritated me.  It's been rock-solid for me, no regrets.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SaiX
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I updated my OP3T a few weeks ago as I haven't updated my phone since I first got my phone in Feburary.

To me I find Nougat the same as Marshmallow and I only update for the further improvement of battery life, security and stability of my phone.

SF2278
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have always been in the "If it isn't broken don't fix it" camp.  As much as I think Nougat might be cool, until I have a legit need to update, I think I will stay on Marshmallow and enjoy making virtual s'mores lol!

Heavyrocker

Nothing major i guess,just that now when i touch my icons on screen i dont feel the vibrate as much and the ''icon sound' as much,i tried to boost is but no go....also the setting for the cell data is weird.

ba14ii

i was actually looking into it for my brothers phone. what about it don't you like? i read here n there about some lag that came with it ?

Need Help? Let's chat.