cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage EverSafe ID.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Is there a way to manage, Remove or change the Email/Phone Number Contact Details on your EverSafe ID Account without having an Active Subscription?

When signed into the My Account, in the Profile Settings you are able to 'Manage EverSafe ID' and change things like this from there. 

Considering Community uses the EverSafe ID, should there not be an option within Community Accounts to change these details when there isn't an Active Subscription with the Eversafe ID?

I need to get into and manage two of my old EverSafe IDs and change the Security Phone Numbers on them, so I can use those numbers on my Actual and New Accounts again.. however, since the Accounts are closed I have no way to manually change any of this..

'EverSafe ID' & 'Mobile App' Posting Labels still need to be added to The Community as well. 

9 REPLIES 9

on2wheels
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So much has changed here over the last while, I'm not even sure how I managed to login to reply here after it said my account was locked, that was less than an hour ago.

So our community accounts are now tied to our phone plan accounts through this Eversafe thing? I've got two numbers on separate accounts here and only access this one with any regularity.

I got locked out of my phone account, tried the password reset thing, didn't get a code. Tried a private browser window, immediately requested a password reset, said my account was still locked.  Somehow got to a reset page via phone number so I input my number and got a code via sms, input that code and was allowed to change my password.  So that got me signed in before the one-hour lockout had expired. And I'm not even 100% clear on how I did it!!

Now I'm thinking if I forget my password or I'm not sure what it was don't even try logging in because the lockout attempt parameters are too strict for mistaken passwords. What is it maybe 2 attempts and you're locked out?  We should just request a code if we're not sure is the takeaway I'm getting now.

Priority

Using this link I was also able to update and change the emails on those EverSafe ID Accounts. 

Now I'll finally be able to use the previous Emails again in the future with New personal Public Mobile Activations. 

Priority

Sorry I just don't quite understand the question, I'll send you a screenshot of one of my latest activation emails if that will help. If you can clarify a little more, I may know exactly what your talking about in different terms. I'm just a little slow with some questions, I wasn't avoiding it I just didn't know how to answer. Let's PM. 

Thankfully I didn't burn a Public Mobile Number for anyone else, I actually thought about that because unlike myself who can deal with this and figure it out, happy to learn.. it could ruin someone's future experience with Public Mobile, therefore I used a Textnow number for OTP on the EverSafe ID. I managed to make it work, and now it won't bother anyone in the future. 

Unfortunately, with this system, you've kind of burned that temporary number for anybody in the future.
Thanks for trying that Remove button. I wondered if it would remove the phone number from eversafe.

Any more thoughts on that welcome email account number I keep asking about? You seem to be ignoring my asking. 🙂 Looking for the email headers or source of that welcome email. You had long ago said something about 4 digits. But I was not sure if that was from the email headers.

Priority

That worked, the 'Remove' button doesn't work on neither Active nor Inactive accounts however from here I was able to update the Numbers to a Textnow Number Sucessfully. 

(TextNow wouldn't receive the Code Via SMS so I pressed 'Resend Code' and requested a Voice Message.. within 3 seconds I got a call on the TextNow app with the Code from Public Mobile.)

I'm now able to use the previous number again on my New EverSafe ID for OTP Verification. 

Thank you for your help. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Priority 

You can change the email and number in the Manage Eversafe ID section like you indicated with the arrow but since the accounts are closed. I don’t think you can change them but try contacting a CS_Agent to help.

Priority

Yes I'll report back with an update! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I wonder the same thing. Can you try to login to the community account using the community url
productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca
Then get to the eversafe screen from the community profile
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:im-handles

XionBunny

No, I don't think there is a way to do that, there has to be an active subscription as far as I'm aware.

Need Help? Let's chat.