cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manafinf multiple accounts

zsak
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to manahe my wife's account i.e. top up her account. Do I need a separate and different email address with which to log in to her account and also acquire a separate EverSafe ID or can I just change the email address for login confirmation to the same as mine.  (No I don't want to do it via the app since her phone is in her purse and off when she's not using it and she may not be near me when I have time to top up her account)  Why do I want to do this?  I want to do this so that I can add money to her account and so that she doesn't have to log in to her email or phone to get a login confirmation at exactly the same time as I'm trying to add money to her account.  (This could all be solved very easily if PM would allow multiple subcriptions (pohone numbers) to be managed from one (family?)  account i.e. I could amnage my kids' phones as well etc.,  Better still, I could dump a bunch of money into one account and have all subscriptions (phone numbers) access that money as and when required.  It seems that as time goes by, we'll be so "secure" (which is a bull**bleep** concept to begin with) that we won't be able to do anything i.e. "Just give us all youe money and get out of our face." Is that the attitude?)

Also, I have $45 in my account and never use $15 in any 30-day period, yet I get texts threatening to close my account if I don't top up.  I've learned to ignore those txts, but why can't the system look at the account, see that there's money left and then NOT send a text?

Bottom line: Do I require separate and different email addresses for each and every subscription/phone number in my household?  If the answer is "Yes," then why?  We're going to the moon again, but we can't administer multiple cell subscription from one account?  Really?

12 REPLIES 12

@zsak 

did you attempt to call the number that esjliv initially provided ? Dial that number, enter each phone number...then pay with your registered credit card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zsak wrote:

Right now, the system has locked me out of my wife's account, for two days in a row for trying to "log in too many times" - I've only tried three times.  So I can't get an EverSafe ID so that I can log in to her account and make the suggested change

@zsak - have you ever been able to log into your wife's account? Maybe an eversafe ID was never set up.

Try the Forgot your Email: https://eversafe.id.telus.com/user/forgotemail?locale=en&ForceAuth=true

Or Password option: https://eversafe.id.telus.com/user/forgotpassword?locale=en&ForceAuth=true

see if either of these help get you logged into her account. Remember to use the email option to get the code if you do not have her phone in front of you.

If you continue to have issues logging into her account ask CSA for help. You will need to be able to verify her account for help.

Methods to contact Public Mobile Customer Support (CSA) below:

1-Normally Faster - use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot], also found in various places in Public webpages, and bottom right corner of the page (See the Chat Bubble), 

2-OR, go to your ENVELOPE at the top right of your Community Account which is where your Inbox and Sent messages are. Select the orange/peach color box with the pencil inside it to start a new message.  Type CS_Agent in the SEND TO box. This will create a private message to Public Mobile Customer Support.

zsak

Right now, the system has locked me out of my wife's account, for two days in a row for trying to "log in too many times" - I've only tried three times.  So I can't get an EverSafe ID so that I can log in to her account and make the suggested change

zsak

Well, you see, now the problem is that the system says that I've tried to log in too many times and the account is locked for an hour. An hour later it still says that it's locked. A day later, it's still locked. So i had to resort to getting a new email address to acquire a new (bull**bleep**?) EverSafe ID so that I could log into here to ask a question. Now I'll have to acquire three new email addresses to acquire three more EverSafe ID's to add money  to three more phones in our household and each time I want to add money to those accounts, I'll have to have access to either the physical phone or the associated email address, potentially, every 30 days - would take about half a day out of my life every 30 days.  Looks like one giant scam

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zsak wrote:

OK,  so the answer is one separate account required for each phone number, same email address may not be used for two different phone numbers.  So if we have four phones, each one of them has to have a separate AND DIFFERENT account and DIFFERENT associated email address. Correct?

@zsak each phone number per each unique email. If the issue is just logging into and managing accounts, as mentioned you can change the 2FA phone number under the specific accounts in the MANAGE EVERSAFE ID area in My Account under the PROFILE section.

EDIT, if you are trying to use a phone number that is already associated to a public mobile for the 2FA code to go to multiple accounts, I think you will have an issue. I just tried it, and it would not allow me to do this. But then I choose a cell number that is not Public Mobile and it worked.

SIlly really that Public does not allow the 2FA to be associated to a same public mobile phone number. 😕

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zsak you CANNOT use the same email on two accounts. They must be unique per Public Mobile account.

You are talking about the confirmation code to log into her My Account, are you? If so, and you have access to her email, just select 'didn't get code' then you will get the code via email to log into her account. Make sense?

Under the Manage Eversafe ID in our My Accounts you can enter a specific phone number to receive the 2fa codes to if you like. See here: https://eversafe.id.telus.com/user/selfservemenu

@zsak no, one email one account, so you cannot  " use the same email address for confirmation codes for two accounts"

However what you can do is to set a forwarding rules on the mailbox, any email from PM about the 2FA code (use the subject and from address) , toward to the other email address.  I tried this myself, it works great on Gmail and I got the email pretty much within 5 seconds, so more than enough time to put in the code 

Correct @zsak 

yeah,  I agree it sucks but we all live with it here as we’re just other customers like you

zsak

OK,  so the answer is one separate account required for each phone number, same email address may not be used for two different phone numbers.  So if we have four phones, each one of them has to have a separate AND DIFFERENT account and DIFFERENT associated email address. Correct?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

1 email address = 1 account

no, it won’t likely ever change , they can’t even routinely get this stuff right 😩

zsak

If the confirmation code is sent to the phone i.e. my wife's phone which is in her handbag (at the hairdresser), I can't enter the confirmation code in time OR I can only add money to her account while I have her phone in my hand. Also, this does not answer the question whether I can use the same email address for confirmation codes for two accounts, hers and mine?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@zsak  - each public mobile account requires its own email for managing and logging into.

If you want to top up accounts without logging into accounts try calling # 1-855-478-2542 or # 1-855-4PUBLIC from another device and top up if a credit card is registered to the account or use a voucher to add funds to specific accounts this way.

EDIT, fyi, you don't need the app to manage the accounts, you can use the webbased login: My Account

but yes it will prompt you to get a code to the phone. You can bypass this by getting the code via email (when you select didn't receive code) if you also have access to the account's email.

Need Help? Let's chat.