cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make points auto pay

Y4J259
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It is evident from the many, many questions posted here that legacy customers are unaware of the switch from rewards to points. Clearly, PM has failed to communicate properly for such a significant change. 

I'd suggest that most (all?) people who subscribe to a bottom-tier cell service do so entirely because of the total $$$ spent each month. Do you think they care how the bill is calculated by plan, rewards, loyalty, referrals, etc? No, they care only about the total money coming out of their account every month. So... to force this change to points, and by doing so, force thousands of customers into paying significantly higher bills is unethical. Why? You'll notice I didn't say illegal because they have fine print, but to convince thousands that they will stay on the rewards plan "as long as they remain with PM", and then changing just that is unethical. 

To make it worse, they have forced people into paying more (a "legal" loophole by changing the rewards program in a "legal" bait and switch strategy, and then removed the option for those customers to switch to a new plan as those plans are for new activations only. Disgusting practices. CCTS must look into this "legal" bait and switch loophole. Customers only care about the total $$$. 

If so many people didn't realize their plan is changing, how many will realistically log in every month or so to use points to buy bill credit? PM has intentionally not allowed auto crediting because they know most won't log in regularly. Again, very cynical. 

So, I want PM to allow auto bill credits when people "earn" points each month. So that using rewards is not an intentionally frustrating experience. 

3 REPLIES 3

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Y4J259  So, I want PM to allow auto bill credits when people "earn" points each month. So that using rewards is not an intentionally frustrating experience. 

Whether they will or not in future who knows, but the way the points system has been working the past couple of years is that you peruse a catalogue of things to buy with points, mostly add ons at lower than their $ price starting at 5 points and also the bill credit for 15.  So some people may sometimes prefer to use the points for an add on rather than bill credit.  With the newer plans perhaps there is less need for add ons but with the points system there is that choice and they may not necessarily want an automatic bill credit when they can use the points to get an add on for, say, 25 points/$25 that costs $30 to buy otherwise.  Maybe now that everyone is on the same system instead of their having to maintain two concurrently there will be some tweaking, one can hope.  

I have noticed that some people unhappy with the change nevertheless seem to be still on older more expensive/less data plans than are currently available so have been paying more than they needed to, so perhaps having to log in every so often to redeem points, and maybe see a better plan in the process, isn't always such a bad thing.

Y4J259
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I'm not saying PM will change. They have forced this and it will go ahead. 

I'm just requesting that this simple technical decision would make so many people happier with this harsh change. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Y4J259 thanks for being creative

since March, many has came up different idea of how PM can offer better to make us happy, or help us to save more

But I think those who suggested missed the fact that PM is not asking for suggestion.  This is a change that already in process, in fact, the old rewards system pretty much dead by now.  Many made complain and none, absolutely no one reported back saying PM lost the argument and need to offer anything for compensation.  

So, all efforts are in vein.  

Need Help? Let's chat.