cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Porting Problem

MrPeter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, 

I already have a number on Public Mobile. 

i attempted to add a second line to my account through the transfer number option in the app. 

Somehow, this meant I wanted to overwrite my original number with the 2nd number on my phone instead of having two lines on my account.

How can I get this fixed ASAP.

12 REPLIES 12

@MrPeter wrote:

I already have a number on Public Mobile. 

i attempted to add a second line to my account through the transfer number option in the app. 

Somehow, this meant I wanted to overwrite my original number with the 2nd number on my phone instead of having two lines on my account.

While a Public Mobile customer support agent might be able to get your old number back, the problem lies with the fact that another number was ported in.    A Public Mobile cusotmer support agent would have to assign the number that was ported in to another account.  That's something that policy says that they're not allowed to do.    And if you port the number back to the carrier that it came from, the Public Mobile would get closed.

There is a process that carriers can follow for a number ported in error to essentially reverse the process.  However, I suspect that not all CSAs will be familar wth that procedure as it's not an every day occurance.  To my knowledge, the process is for cases of a carrier making a mistake.  That isn't the case here as the number porting was actually authorized by you (the customer).  Hopefully, a Public Mobile CSA can fix this for you.

hi @MrPeter if you waited longer than 4 hours, message them again 

MrPeter

Sadly we did. 

hi @MrPeter do, you replied Yes to the Port authorization text that sent to your gf old carrier sim? if you or she didnt reply yes, it is not that bad

and support usually reply within 2 to 4 hours

@MrPeter  Yes sometimes support can take up to 2 days . Was the number you ported into PM form the telus family Telus / Koodoy any chance ? . Support might be able to help . If not I think you will have to contact the provider you originally got your number from and try to get number back on a low cost plan to try and port it back into PM on a new account with a different email then the one you first used with public mobile . And in you account now that has her number . You can change name in the account to your girl friends name . And give it a new email if you like also . But once your number got ported over with her phone number . That number goes back to the original carrier  the phone number originated from . Hope this make sense 

MrPeter

Correct. I ported my first number without issue. 

I wanted to port over my gf’s number and thought I would be able to add it as a second line on my account. 

Now her number is on my account and my number is in limbo. 

MrPeter

Is it normal not to get a reply from a PM for 3 hours?

HI @MrPeter 

just to confirm, you didn't request porting on your first account by mistake, right?

MrPeter

Thank you. I filed a ticket, waiting for a reply at inbox. 

MrPeter

Thank you doing this now. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MrPeter  Each account needs it own email , you can only have one phone number per account 

please 

submit ticket with support to get straightened out . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1710604348606.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MrPeter 

first, for a second line, you need to create a new account using another email.  You CANNOT use your first account to add a second line.  PM system is one email for one account and one phone line

I hope you didn't meant you already submitted wrong and request porting the number into your original account.  If you did it wrong, don't wait, have support agent to fix it.  please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

If you didn't do it wrong, then it's ok, just download PM app, open another account using another email for the 2nd line

Need Help? Let's chat.