cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@Maginn it look like your post was dissolved as the phone number should NOT have been posted.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Handy1 where does it say in the original post of @Maginn  that he/she cannot log into grandsons account? 

@Maginnas others say, log into the My Account and report it as lost or stolen. That will make the phone temporarily inoperable under his number. 

If the phone and SIM show up...then remove the "lost or stolen". 

Another way of doing things is to assign a new SIM card to the account....and keep it locked up until you get another phone. 

If you want to keep the plan get another phone and SIM card and update My Account and he will be back in business. 

6 REPLIES 6

In response to my report to have these phone number removed from the post, the customer service agent who replied to me didn't understand what I was talking about and went into a whole spiel about needing the customers information before cancelling their number and 4 digit code to move forward.  I, twice, shared the link simply asking to protect the posters privacy by removing the phone number off of the post. This customer service agent was completely oblivious and kept asking for information on this poster like PIN number, name, address and other info. I'm just dumbfounded by the lack of training this agent has. This agent made PM look pretty bad today. Some folks are natural at customer service. This agent, not so much. 

@Grinch  I’m aware , but it doesn’t always work . And then once your verify with email . It will want to send another code to phone . Can be complete circle 

Grinch

Assumed????? When you go for a code....it will try to text you....then you will see an option to resend ... from there you can have the code sent to your email address. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Grinch  They didn’t say they couldn’t . I assumed they could not because they had no phone or SIM card to get code send for verification is all 

Grinch

@Chalupa_Batman the usual is....an Oracle will remove as time goes by. OP should have known better to not post, but perhaps does not realize the post was not ONE on ONE. I was in retail for 40 years with quality and ISO training. I say no more. 

I would expect that all replies from a CSA would be respectful and professional ..... perhaps the quality and training is just not there? 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Grinch,

I reported the post to have JUST the phone number removed in case the "Grand Son" was a minor out of an abundance of caution. The CS Agent that replied was just....  we'll just say I've been in customer service for 30 years and have never seen someone who wasn't able to follow simple instructions as I laid out. Needless to say someone deleted the entire thread which was 100% unnecessary.  I should post here what this agent said in their replies. It will blow the minds of everyone here. However I wish not to shame them as they perhaps require a little more training. 

Need Help? Let's chat.