cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MODERATOR PLEASE RESPOND; SIM card hijacked

southernfarm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have confirmed my sim card was changed.  I have changed my password, my security question, and I have disabled my account.  See ticket # xxxxxxxxxx. I have seen this happen before with my son's PM account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@southernfarm 

You cannot edit a ticket that's already been submitted.

If it has been more than 2 hours since submitting - and you made no mention of being Sim jacked - I might recommend submitting another ticket.

In doing so, reference the original ticket number so they know it's part of the same request.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@southernfarm wrote:

I have confirmed my sim card was changed.  I have changed my password, my security question, and I have disabled my account.  See ticket # 180582-670. I have seen this happen before with my son's PM account.

@southernfarm You have taken the correct initial steps. If you used your number for any 2FA or password resets, check those accounts as well. You now need to contact a moderator.

Edit: You already contacted a moderator? You just need to wait for a reply.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve.

7. Provide log in info of Self Serve account.

8. Follow prompts.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@southernfarm wrote:

I have confirmed my sim card was changed.  I have changed my password, my security question, and I have disabled my account.  See ticket # 180582-670. I have seen this happen before with my son's PM account.

If you have submitted a ticket already all you can do is wait for the moderators to get back to you. It may take up to 48 hours.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@southernfarm 

Make sure you specified in the ticket request that you have been sim-jacked and you are without service.

If you didn't, please do so with that information.

It's been my experience that the more specific and impactful a matter, it may receive some type of priority versus those requests which aren't as impactful and time-sensitive.

Also, as this is the 2nd time, it's a good idea to look over your passwords and usernames to make sure they don't contain any identifiable information within them AND to make sure you're not posting anything online of a nature which may be linked to you, as an individual.

(i.e.  putting your ticket number online in a public forum may seem minor, however it's a ticket assigned to YOUR account so things such as that should be kept from public forums)

@southernfarm 

You have done everything right!  Well done. Moderator response time should only be a couple of hours at most. The moderators can restore your service back to your current sim card however there is always the option of resyoring service by replacing your sim card with a new one if necessary.

southernfarm

How do I edit my Ticket?  I followed prompts but did not get chance to add details, including currently not able to use my phone.

@southernfarm You could choose to go to a store that sells SIM's and change to it and then request that the moderators credit you back the cost. That way you might get going sooner than waiting.

Or use any of the available voip apps while on wifi like TextNow that do talk and text.

@southernfarm 

You cannot edit a ticket that's already been submitted.

If it has been more than 2 hours since submitting - and you made no mention of being Sim jacked - I might recommend submitting another ticket.

In doing so, reference the original ticket number so they know it's part of the same request.

View solution in original post

southernfarm

Not an option.  Had to order my sim the first time.  No local sales.

@southernfarm 

I do hope you secured all your financial accounts, especially any which may use two-factor authentication if the subject phone number was the one set up for that.

Please report back how long it took the moderators to address this -  it's my belief it should be a higher priority request.

Good luck!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.