cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS

1kmmoore
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Help please!

If I send an MMS to someone that doesnt have data, will they still receive the text but not be able to download it? Or will they not get anything and have no idea I texted them till data is on? 

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

MindaABeVegan

They should recieve text...then their data account (APN) has to be on in order to recieve MMS 

They can adjust data account just for APN if their phone a bit more modern...my 2011 doesn't have APN type options 

Basically Ecosia (do search... P.s. that's my search engine I use )   with keywords MMS APN  here in support 

1kmmoore

Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond, I appreciate it.

1kmmoore

Thank you

@darlicious wrote:

@esjliv 

When I was with telus with a data block on my flip phone I was given a link and/or the website address and a reference number to view the MMS sent to me in an SMS text.

@darlicious  - neat.

When I set my phone up for my Dad with his provider (not PM), there was no way in h#$* that he wanted any surprise charges (which happened in the past on him) and didn't want to get mixed up in needing to find that "off" button to ensure data was disabled.

That method you were given would have been WAY too complicated for my lovable, yet "Make IT as Easy as Possible" Dad.

Oh, fun times! 😂

@esjliv 

When I was with telus with a data block on my flip phone I was given a link and/or the website address and a reference number to view the MMS sent to me in an SMS text.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@1kmmoore  - only the recipient can answer that.

Some cell phone customers get the Data turned off from the Providers end so they cannot even have the ability to 'accidently' use it. 

And some users NEVER turn on their data. So, the recipient may just get a constant reminder ( a bing now and then) to enable data, or it will just sit in their Messages as unopened.

You would be able to send them a follow up text (without a picture, non-MMS) and ask them if they were able to open it; they would see the follow up SMS just fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@1kmmoore 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet Wi-Fi is on is not going through the Picture or a video messaging, 

you have to do this to going through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video messaging in world-wide,

make sure your Data is on.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

MMS does not require data. Just make sure their cellular data is on and their APN settings are configured correctly on their phone.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@1kmmoore 

Depending on the provider they may still be able to view the MMS as long as they have mobile data turned on like here at public mobile. Otherwise they will recieve an SMS telling them they have a MMS and will be given a link to go to a site to view their MMS.

Need Help? Let's chat.