cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS stopped working

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Like so many others, my MMS just stopped working all of a sudden. Changing the APN settings and contacting CS agents did nothing to fix the issue. I have the OnePlus 7 Pro, and it's a 2019 phone. Dropping support for a 2019 is ridiculous...

34 REPLIES 34

CalvinW

I saw that announcement. Didn't think it would apply to a 2019 phone. I'm contacting another CS agent right now. If MMS still doesn't work, I'm just gonna switch from this questionable network. Don't want to get a new phone and watch Public drop support again. Going to be a vicious cycle... 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CalvinW 

Read over this announcement - I'm shocked this might be the cause of your issue.   Firmly request that the customer support agents find out if it is.

I'd be furious with a 2019 device, if it is.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Picture-and-Group-Messaging-End-Date-Fe...

CalvinW

Yeah I tried everything. Unfortunately it refuses to work. I tried my sister's SIM card who's with Freedom Mobile on my phone and MMS works fine. No idea what's going on with Public Mobile...

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

That IS ridiculous @CalvinW 

Try resetting network connections and removing and reinserting your SIM card to see if that may enable MMS.

Also, I presume your data switch is toggled ON.

Try the SIM card in another device to see if MMS works.   Then, try another person's SIM in YOUR device to see if MMS works.

At that point, the customer support agents must remedy this issue for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.