cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working

jensnaterse
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an Asus Zenphone. The compatibility tool is blank when I try to see if my phone is compatible with Public network. Simple texts are coming through, but I can not receive any group or picture texts (says message available for download but just spins endlessly when I tap it to download). Network settings show Public mobile, the APN selected is Telus (there is no option for Public). The settings show mobile data is "on" but when I turn off my wifi and try to open something, it says no internet connection so the data is not working. Help please!

8 REPLIES 8

Magignome2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you resolved this issue?  I'm currently having the same issue.  Everything works on my phone and I was receiving picture messages up until about a week ago then all of a sudden it stopped.  Everytime someone sends a picture message it tells me to download it and when I do it just goes around and around in a cirlce and never ever downloads anything?!?! I have a Asus Zenphone maxplus

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

That is a good link @fujiyama posted @jensnaterse .

But, when I checked it out I noticed it missed the reset of network settings. So I will include that for you to try if after other suggestions are not working.

edit, I would try the Reset of Network Settings below, before you consider preforming a factory reset (# 8 in the support link above).

ASUS ZenFone™ V - Reset Network Settings
  1. Apps icon. Settings. More.
  2. Tap. Network settings reset. .
  3. Tap. Reset Settings. . If prompted, enter the PIN, password or pattern.
  4. To confirm, tap. Reset Settings. 

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Then see if data works.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jensnaterse 

Try the steps from Asus support (link here). If none of that works, use their online chat.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jensnaterse 

What OS are you using? If it's Oreo 8.1 can you update it to Android 9.0?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's NOTHING TO DO with PM, however you can set APN settings butr is your duty to have a proper cellphone to display the service, not the company.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately the compatibility tool is basically a non functioning figurative paperweight. As mentioned it looks like APN settings as I seem to recall other ppl in community saying zen phone works 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need to make or edit a proper APN. The Telus one would not be proper for here. Is it all greyed out? Can you edit? Can you add?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

In order MMS to work, you have to have cell connection (phone working as a phone) AND DATA set to ON. MMS will not use your data allowance but DATA has to be set to ON.

WiFi does not affect MMS so it could be on or off, does not matter.

Need Help? Let's chat.