cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working

purpleman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just bought a new phone - Samsung S22 ultra and I can't send or received MMS messages. The MMS messages say I have sent them but people are not receiving them. Regular SMS is working. Please help. 

Erin

21 REPLIES 21

So that's a non-standard, after-market app. Nobody asked 🙂 We'll have to remember to ask which app people are using. Great find. Thanks for sharing.

purpleman

I'm using pulse SMS app- I go into settings>MMS configuration>APN configuration 

Be sure override System APNs is OFF 

Great news. For all future readers please do share what that setting was.

purpleman

apologies- just found a setting in my messaging app that was over riding APNs. I turned it off and now it works. Thanks for all the help!!! 

(operator error uncovered by the operator 🤣 .... Luddite)

Just for certainty...you typed the whole thing in, right? Save, airplane mode, maybe even full restart. You have that APN as the selected active one too?

http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

HI @purpleman 

you updated the line yet?

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

and why your APN type is using +     but   mine use comma

APN Type: default,supl,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

and your APN profile name now is Public Mobile 2.  Did you select that one to use?

purpleman

yes. still doesn't work

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@purpleman 

You could always ask for a CSA to send you a configuration file.

Did you save it and then go in and out of airplane mode to reset the connection?

purpleman

Tried bothInternet+mms or Internet+mms+dun

Doesn't work and I can't manually change default settings. I can only add new network to make my own configuration. Still not working! Ahhh

purpleman

Changed that and still doesn't work

Tabitha17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This started happening to me same day as Roger's outage, I've tried all the fixes and thinking it might be a telus or public mobile issue as their new website doesnt work either most of the time. All plans come w unlimited text etc so wouldn't be that 

aliasredirect.net

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@purpleman 

Try Internet+mms or Internet+mms+dun

There is no option for you to enter your own values?

Edit:

Weird your screen is different than the guide. Try resetting to default and then edit if necessary.

https://www.helpforsmartphone.com/public/en/samsung/galaxy-s22-ultra-5g/android-12/guides/22/Set-up-...

purpleman

Thanks so much for helping. I've tried this and it still doesn't work. The only setting I'm not able to get like you suggested is the APN type. Here are my choices

Screenshot_20220714-014132_Settings.jpg

Here are my settings:

Screenshot_20220714-014105_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220714-014111_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220714-014120_Settings.jpg

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@purpleman 

Check your network operator. Check your APN (see below). You may need to reset your network settings.

Name

Mobile Internet

APN

sp.mb.com

Proxy

Not set

Port

Not set

Username

Not set

Password

Not set

Server

Not set

MMSC

http://aliasredirect/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy

mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port

MCC

MNC

Authentication type

Not set

APN type

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

APN protocol

IPv4

APN roaming protocol

IPv4

APN enable/disable

APN enabled

Bearer

Unspecified

MVNO type

GID

MVNO value

4D4F

purpleman

I have done this with a couple friends. No one is getting my MMS messages. I have data turned on. I've rebooted my phone, reset the network a couple times. MMS is still not working. I can send photos via what's app. I have also tried a different texting app and it doesn't work either. 

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@purpleman wrote:

I just bought a new phone - Samsung S22 ultra and I can't send or received MMS messages. The MMS messages say I have sent them but people are not receiving them. Regular SMS is working. Please help. 

Erin

Send MMS to someone else or to your number.  If they're received, the other people might have issue with their service. 

@Timer wrote:

@purpleman 

turn on your mobile data to go through MMS

Purpleman says they were sent.  How can they semd if data was off?

purpleman

My data is on. 

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@purpleman 

turn on your mobile data to go through MMS

Need Help? Let's chat.