cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS not working. 5G plan on iPhone.

mig39
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi all.  I can’t send MMS images.  

I have it turned on in setting / iMessage settings.  

My data is working just fine.  Is there some other thing I have to do to enable MMS?

10 REPLIES 10

mig39

in case someone comes across this in the future.  Nothing I did could fix things.  I tried the SIM in different phones to help troubleshoot.  It failed on all phones, including ones that previously worked with MMS. 
I sent a PM to a public mobile person, and they re-provisioned or something similar.  And that fixed things.  

mig39

Still not working for me.  I've tried the SIM in 2 other iPhones and 1 Android phone, and receiving and sending MMS doesn't work.  However, when I try my wife's Public Mobile SIM in those phones, sending and receiving MMS works just fine.  

So my conclusion is that the problem isn't on my phone or phones, but rather my account.

I've reached out to an agent, and hopefully they'll be able to help.

mig39

I don’t see any MMS setting at all in cellular data settings, BTW.  Which is probably the issue.  

IMG_0655.jpeg

mig39

So I guess I'll send a PM to one of the Public Mobile employees.  How do I do that?  What's their username?

mig39

So my public mobile “version” in settings / about is 56.0.  Is that the latest version?

IMG_0652.jpeg

 the other thing suggested is the APN settings.  what is it supposed to say in there?

APN isp.mb.com is what’s in there.  

mig39

Disabling and trying mms without iMessage results in the same thing.  Tried a bunch of different contacts.  But all fail.  

IMG_0654.jpeg

Gwanzi

If you're unable to send MMS images even though you have it enabled in your settings and your data is working fine, here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check MMS Settings: Ensure that MMS Messaging is turned on in your phone's settings. This is different from iMessage settings. Go to Settings > Messages, and make sure 'MMS Messaging' is enabled.

2. Network Connection: Although your data is working, sometimes a weak or unstable connection can affect MMS sending. Try sending MMS in an area with a strong network signal.

3. Carrier Settings Update: Check if there's an update for carrier settings. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll get a prompt to update.

4. Restart Your Phone: Sometimes a simple restart can fix minor software glitches that might be preventing MMS from being sent.

5. Check APN Settings: Incorrect APN (Access Point Name) settings can hinder MMS services. Check with Public Mobile for the correct APN settings and update them in your phone’s settings.

6. Contact Carrier: If none of the above works, contact Public Mobile. There might be an issue on their end or specific settings for your account that need adjustment.

hi @mig39 

if you disable iMessage and test MMS, does it work?

mig39

Yes.  As I said in my post, I have it enabled.  

IMG_0649.jpeg

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mig39  

did you check if MMS is enabled?

Go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.

Need Help? Let's chat.