cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS APN setting update not working - LG K4 (2017)

MobileAgnes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the recent MMS update - my phone is not receiving any MMS group texts. I've tried updating my APN settings with what is suggested on https://apn.how/ca/public-mobile/lg-k4-2017 but it is not working. I've reset the phone and it says it's using the new setting but it's still not receiving any group MMS texts. I've also tried using all caps for the SP.MB.COM as some people suggested but no luck. Does anyone else have an LG K4 (2017) phone and was able to get the MMS working after the Feb 2024 MMS update?

Thanks!

edited by computergeek541:  changed category label as this discussion is unrelated to "Community"

3 REPLIES 3

trooperp3a1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an Umidigi Bison that stopped sending and receiving MMs as well. I tried every suggestion in here without any luck, including changing the APN settings. It is not on the list of supported phones, so I thought I might be euchred.

I found a solution that worked for me on the Virgin Mobile forums, which sucks that I had to find it there.

In Settings, tap reset options, then tap reset Wifi, mobile and Bluetooth, then tap reset settings button.

I guess this resets the network access. I checked the APN after and the ones I added were gone. just the one with the correct latest settings was there. Now I can send and receive MMS again.

Thank you Virgin

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi. You could try using the Google Chat app with RCS turned on. RCS uses your Wifi or Data connection to send images with your text.

RCS is supposed to work with Apple soon. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Compare to see if same as listed.

APN: sp.mb.com

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port: 8799

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

APN Type: default,supl,mms

or default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Need Help? Let's chat.