cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost the 240 gb gift when changing plan

KingRob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I changed my plan to a lower cost one since I received 240 gb for 150 days to be able to use that bonus for that period, with the intention of switching back to a data heavy plan later. However, my plan changed yesterday and today I had no data and on the app I don't see the 240gb in my options anymore.

Is this normal ?? This is messed up. I lost my old rewards, my 240gb and now i have a useless plan that i just spent 15$ on + I need my data asap. Please help me!

Thank you.

15 REPLIES 15

KingRob

They initially offered 5 gb data (lol)

funpig1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@KingRob   At least you got a response from customer service.  I sent my first private message on Tuesday. It has been 5 days and there has have been no response or even an acknowledgment from customer service. The number of complaints and requests for service have probably increased exponentially since the beginning of May. Did PM even offer to return a lesser amount of bonus data? 

KingRob

Hello,

It's been more than a week and I'm still arguing with support to get my bonus data back. I downgraded my plan last saturday (8 days) ago and I lost my 240 gb bonus data for being "loyal" for more than 3 years. I got no warning that I would said bonus data (apparently you had to scroll forums and hidden FAQ to know that). Since this is unfair I tried talking about it to support to get that bonus data back.

The first guy that I talked to managed to give it back to me on tuesday which for some reason disappeared right away. I contacted support again and I had to explain the entire situation again to another agent. Thursday, a different agent (third one) contacted me and I had to explain the situation again. He then told me he will get me in touch with a manager in 24h-48h. It's now sunday and no manager got back to me yet.

This is so disgusting. Never in my life have I had a worse experience with customer support (even with Bell). Also, this was all caused by PM's unfair business practice. I'm now stuck with the 15$ plan (aka no data) that I downgraded to because I thought it was more than fair to downgrade to be able to use the bonus data that I EARNED because they messed with the rewards.

Hopefully CCTS can do something about this situation (wink wink).

Good job PM. Enjoy the thousands of tickets + complaints to CCTS.

I will not lose. Good luck.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

1000013267.png

If an agent gave you some bonus data back and now it's lost, contact them to see if they can fix it.

Indeed, @KingRob , it seems public thought that one out with customers simply trying to maximize and utilize the bonus.

It’s a complete slap in the face.

KingRob

I had the 34 $ plan for months. I switched to the 15 $ plan ONLY to be able to use the 240gb of data for 150 days. If I didn't switch plan, this data would have been lost since I don't even use 40 gb a month. It was a gift from PM that I thought would give me the ability to lower my bill for those months to compensate for the rewards lost for the years to come.

@Chalupa_Batman 

did you follow along the process they went to use it?

I’m not surprised of the result - it was well documented.

@HALIMACS wrote:

So the big question is …. do you even need all that data since you’ve been on the $15 plan beforehand?

Is paying an extra $19/30 days worth it for data that expires in 150 days?

Hey @HALIMACS to be honest, it doesn't really matter if he "needs" all that data or not. Simple fact is all these gifts were given to us for being loyal and our accounts were active. Tying this data gift to a monetary amount was wrong of Public Mobile to do.  @KingRob earned the gift. 

(EDIT:  IGNORE below @KingRob - i initially understood you maybe switched twice twice but you just downgraded.)

So the big question is …. do you even need all that data since you’ve been on the $15 plan beforehand?

Is paying an extra $19/30 days worth it for data that expires in 150 days?

hi @KingRob 

just reply the message to CS agent again

They will check , just sometimes slow.

KingRob

I never knew that it was possible to get more frustrated with another service provider than Bell. But I learned this week.

Last saturday, I switched to the 15 $ from the 34 $ one to be able to use the 240 gb data that I got from 3 years of "loyalty" and losing 5 $ of rewards per month. Apparently, you needed to spend all day scrolling forums and FAQ to know that you would lose that bonus data as you switched to a lower plan, since there was warning when I did the switch.

Since sunday (already 4 days passed), I am stuck WITHOUT DATA. A CS agent was able to get me some bonus data back yesterday which was appreciated. However, for some reason (probably a technical bug), it was gone soon after.

I just tried to reply to the discussion I had with the agent yesterday, but I have no idea if the thread was closed and if he will not see it or if I should open another ticket.

Honestly, this is disgusting. I wasted hours trying to solve this issue that is PM fault after all for being cheap. I was patient, but when I heard that I had to get through the whole process today, I snapped. What a waste of everyone's time. Good job Public.

I better get my data back by tomorrow.

Good night.

Hello @KingRob 

Sadly, if you lower your plan to a lower monetary plan, you will LOSE the 240GB of data even though it isn't plan related, it's related to your loyalty. 

If you are that upset about it, you are more than welcome to reach out to a CS Agent to see what they can do.

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1714946462010.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

KingRob

Wow I see. It's a shame there was no warning or said anywhere when the gift was received... They better be able to do something for me.

Thank you

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KingRob 

yes, as stated in the FAQ,  you will loss the special 150 days bonus with a downgrade plan change. 
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

However, there is a chance support can give you back another bonus that is designed to give out for free for your current plan.  So, don't hesitate, open ticket and ask 

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Login" and finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.