cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim card

Ashna
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

i’ve lost my sim card during an international trip. I would like to get a new sim card with the same number. Is it possible? 

4 REPLIES 4

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ashna Please lock your account through the PM account first. 

Then I would suggest you buy a new sim card at a local store that might have any. If not I strongly suggest you order online through amazon or canada cell phone supplies, deliveries are pretty quick. Be sure to order two in case you ever lose it again or it gets hacked in the future, doesnt hurt to have a back up. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ashna When you get the new SIM card, you might want to buy it from a local Kiosk instead of ordering from PM online.  PM online take quiet some time for deliver (3 weeks or more)

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ashna wrote:

Hi there,

i’ve lost my sim card during an international trip. I would like to get a new sim card with the same number. Is it possible? 

@Ashna Yes, it is possible.

You may want to consider to put your phone into Lost/Stolen mode to suspend service, to do this follow the below steps: 

• Go to Plans and Add-Ons, then select “lost/stolen phone”
    • Select “suspend service”

Then obtain a new SIM card.

Have Moderators SWAP the SIM number so your have the same phone number and account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

1. TYPE "SIM card swap"
  2. Select "Contact Us"

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Ashna You'll have to buy a sim card at a store that sells Public Mobile sims or order from the Public Mobile site.  When you have it, click the chat bubble and type sim card swap to have moderator switch it.

Need Help? Let's chat.