cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost sim: SIM SWAP

chikenwoke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my sim card but just purchased a new one. How can I swap it? Urgent help will be appreciated

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

@BKNS27 wrote:

@chikenwoke 

You should log into your self serve account and click on View My Usage>Lost/Stolen Phone to cancel the old SIM.

Then tap Change SIM Card>follow the prompt.

In addition to @Anonymous information about how lost/stolen does not cancel a SIM card, self serve can no longer be used to change to a new SIM card. As mentioned earlier, a moderator's help is needed.

@computergeek541 : I was willing to accept that "follow the prompt" meant to follow the instructions there...to ask a moderator.

But that's just my interpretation. 🙂

@BKNS27 wrote:

@chikenwoke 

You should log into your self serve account and click on View My Usage>Lost/Stolen Phone to cancel the old SIM.

In addition to @Anonymous information about how lost/stolen does not cancel a SIM card, self serve can no longer be used to change to a new SIM card. As mentioned earlier, a moderator's help is needed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BKNS27 : The Lost/stolen function doesn't "cancel the old SIM". It suspends the service. You can Resume the service afterwards with the same SIM. In this case, the OP would want to Resume the service on the new SIM if they suspended it as you rightly suggest.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@chikenwoke 

Anonymous
Not applicable

your welcome to public mobile

with a Beautiful Service

you will be very happy

Good Luck

chikenwoke
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks so much for this

Anonymous
Not applicable

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you have to Submit a ticket to customer service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

Need Help? Let's chat.