cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

brokenaxle1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My kid lost their phone.  I can't log in to my account because it sends a code to the phone that we don't have.  How do I cancel this thing?? 

Thank you

@CS_Agent

10 REPLIES 10

brokenaxle1

So I just did exactly this.  

Go to login page.  Select forgot password.  It will send a code to the email address and you can update the password.

Try to login again and it will send a code to the phone again.  Click on resend code and now there is an option for send code to email.

DBoHome

I stumbled on a work around.  As far as I recall I updated my password and then got the option to get an email for the code.

brokenaxle1

I wasn't sure, so tried to sign up.  It seems that I did set it up, as I did on my other 2 phone accounts.  I only get the text or voice message options to login. I can access the other accounts I set up.

DBoHome

Yes, I have an account and am signed up.  I have a total of 5 accounts and have no problems accessing the other accounts because I have those phones.  I can't access my own account because the only options are text and voice mail.  I'm looking for the work around for that.

@DBoHome 

You need to create an Eversafe ID first before you can login to your account.

Click on Sign Up on the PM website.

IMG_0110.png

DBoHome

Hitting resend gives you an option for text or voice message.  You're then kicked out.  How do you get beyond that to log in?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@brokenaxle1 

Did you create a Eversafe ID? You need to create it first before login to account so click on Sign Up and use the registered email and password. The 2FA code will be sent to your email.

Once everything is completed then you can login to your account and click on Lost/Stolen phone in the Profile section or replace SIM card number when you get a new SIM and phone.

@brokenaxle1 

if you've sent a message to CSA about the account, they'll want specific account related info to prove you're you. ie: phone number, account number, name on account, alternate phone number. pin number..etc.

Watch the little envelope icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they sepond.

brokenaxle1

I tried resending the code, but never gives the email option.  I do have access to the email associated with it though.

I've sent a private message to customer support.

Thank you

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@brokenaxle1 - can you hit 'resend code' multiple times. After which you should be an email option. That is if your son ever had their My Account registered for.

See how to report lost / stolen: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Once a new SIM and phone is obtained, see "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

If still issues, to contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Normally Faster  use this link to: Get Help With Public Mobile Chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

CSA contact methods also found here in Help Articles for future reference:https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent ­

Need Help? Let's chat.