cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

boghos15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I get a new sim card with the same number? 

9 REPLIES 9

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Phone number stays the same when you switch SIMs. You do not need a phone to do that. Your SIM is your 'phone number'.

If you keep IMEI of your lost phone handy, report it so it becomes useless for those who 'find' it. And I would suggest suspending your account until you get new SIM/phone to minimize potential abuse/fraud by those who 'find' your phone with active SIM.

anniemacdonald8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

First off you definitely want to report your phone lost for fraud reasons, protect yourself and 2nd YES 🙂 !! All you need to do is order a new sim card on here. When i ordered mine it came wayyyy sooner then i even expected in the mail. Once it comes its very easy you just log into your public mobile acct and go to the self serve option its very easy in there to do the rest. Did you have your contacts backed up on a cloud or anything besides the phone itself ? 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can,  @boghos15 

Just make sure once you acquire a new Public Mobile SIM card, that you use the Change Sim feature under your public mobile self-serve.

You should be able to acquire a new SIM card at a local Walmart or London drugs or other mobile merchants in the area.  If you are in the Toronto area, you can also get one at Canadian Cell Supplies.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to choose the email option when changing the SIM. The SIM is attached to your account. The phone is just the radio to use the SIM with its attached account.

@boghos15 wrote:

but i don't have the other phone how it transfers the number

You don't need a phone to have your phone number attached to your new SIM card, although you won't be able to use the service until you have a compatible device.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@boghos15 

For safety, you might want to first login to My Account and click Lost/Stolen in case you have not done so

Yes, you can first get a  replacement phone ( you can buy it new from store or get and used one from family/Friends).  Then get a new PM SIM, I suggest you to get it from a store so you can get it quicker

Once you got the new SIM and a replacement phone, login to your My Account and resume the service. 

Then  Click Change SIM card.  Select email to receive your 2FA code to complete the Change SIM process

E-MyAcc-ChangeSIM-2FA.png

boghos15
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

but i don't have the other phone how it transfers the number

@boghos15 wrote:

Can I get a new sim card with the same number? 

You can purchase a new Public Mobile sIM card from a retailer that sels them or you can purchase one from the Public Mobile website.  After you receive it, you'll need to go into my account and switch to  new SIM card. During the process, you'll need access to the e-mail address that is linked to your account.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boghos15 

Yes you can buy a new SIM card, and when it arrives, you can simply change your SIM in selfserve.publicmobile.ca

Until then, I'd suggest reporting your SIM as lost/stolen so it cannot be used by anyone else.

Need Help? Let's chat.