cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Jae2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My sister has lost her phone. She wants to login to her public mobile account to report it, she has the details she needs to do that password etc. However when she tries to login the system wants to send a code to her phone to verify identity.  So basically it seems to be impossible for her to report her lost phone because she needs the phone to receive a code to get into her account. This seems crazy, please help!!

3 REPLIES 3

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jae2 

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup on this new system. 

Have you login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jae2 

She can hit Resend Code and there will be an option to send the 2FA code by email, text or call.

Also, login to her phone account and go to Find My to pinpoint where the phone is located.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Jae2  Tap resend a few times you should get option to send code to email instead 

Need Help? Let's chat.