cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone number due to non payment 4 months ago .... any way to get it back?

Spind0k
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had a number with public and 4 months ago it got cancelled because of credit card issues and now I am not able to figure out a way to get it back?

Can anyone help me out with this??

when I call the number -- it says it's not in service. 

5 REPLIES 5

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Numbers don't usually get reassigned for about 90 days, so if you just lost it in the last month it might still be available.

That being said, a number always goes back to the ORIGINAL carrier that it was ported in from (sometimes multiple layers back). So if it was a Telus number, maybe. If you don't get anywhere with PM, maybe try to sign up for a Telus line temporarily, because at least you can talk to an agent there to plead your case. If it's another carrier, you're probably out of luck.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nope. 😞

Your account is closed and phone number lost. Most likely already re-assigned to another customer. You can try calling it and if it is not assigned talk to agent (open a ticket) if there is any slight chance you can get it back.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Spind0k 

Once the number is gone, it's gone for good. I have never once heard of anyone getting their number back, even after reaching out to customer service. And, if it was ported over to Public Mobile by another service provider, the number was sent back to them. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Spind0k 

generally speaking no.

But if the number was owned by Telus, then PM support could help to reassign you back the number.  you can check with them first before you re-activate a new plan.  If they say yes, then go ahead

please submit a ticket with CS Agent by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Need Help? Let's chat.