Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone and Walmart in Trenton ON wouldn't sell me a blank SIM card

Dwayne235
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile posted stores to but a SIM card and the store refused

11 REPLIES 11

Your choices seem to be to go for a drive or order online and wait for delivery. What is closest town/city and what province? 

AE_Collector

@BKNS27 wrote:

@Dwayne235 

As noted by @CountyDownIeUk, the best place to buy a PM SIM is at Canadian Cell Supplies online in Ontario.

But OP probably wants one now. 

Also check with your local London Drugs.

I checked that before I responded.....LD is in the west only.  

They had a promo for a free PM SIM if you get them to activate it for you but promo might be expired but with a try.

Would not have been a new activation. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Dwayne235 

As noted by @CountyDownIeUk, the best place to buy a PM SIM is at Canadian Cell Supplies online in Ontario.

Also check with your local London Drugs. They had a promo for a free PM SIM if you get them to activate it for you but promo might be expired but with a try.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Usually Walmart (and other retailers) want you to Activate account there. But you never know; if you come across friendly associate, (s)he might sell you SIM only.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dwayne235 

you to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours.

How To Change Your SIM Card

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set!

MOBILE KLINIK Mobile Klinik Quinte Mall

#7K09C 390 NORTH FRONT ST BELLEVILLE ON K8P3C9

(343) 600-0130

Just to add...Mobile Klinik is owned by Telus. So should be a good bet.  

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

you can try to use the link to find a store close by .. call them first before you drive over.

here are some of the shops around

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator:

(343) 600-0130

WOW! mobile boutique/WOW! boutique mobile Quinte Mall

A-15 390 North Front ST BELLEVILLE ON K8P3E1

(613) 962-5162

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

From what I see here WalMart is NOT the place to buy a SIM card only. Try calling the next closest on the list. ....if you have a working phone. If you don’t need right away .... try CCS for $4.99.  

@Dwayne235  Try this place:

(343) 600-0130

WOW! mobile boutique/WOW! boutique mobile Quinte Mall

A-15 390 North Front ST BELLEVILLE ON K8P3E1

(613) 962-5162

Dwayne235
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have an account already no need to set up anything just need a sim card how can this happen I am without any communication I am on a 1`0 acre farm in the middle of nowhere

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, some Walmart another mobile stores would leave the SIM for activation instead of selling it .

Do you have other Lobalaw mobile store around? or Koodo?  try those.

Need Help? Let's chat.