cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone in a fire

Steph3158
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone in my house fire last Friday. How can I contact someone or have someone contact me to send me a replacement SIM for the exact same phone number I had? Is that at all possible? My phone number was used in the 2 step verification process to access my email account and Facebook so getting that number back is a huge priority for me and would make me so happy. Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

Steph3158

I'm currently locked out of my account as it is linked to an email I am also locked out of presently.  Trying to switch the linked email address to a new email address with CSA, so hopefully that will be successful.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Steph3158 

Buy another SIM

Use the change SIM option. 

@Steph3158   

I suggest  you to setup a temporary email address and just open a ticket with PM Support and ask them to change the email to the new one (just tell them you no longer have access to the old one)

they will likely ask you to answer at least 3 out of the following questions:

a. Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
b. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
c. Alternate phone number if any.
d. Security question and answer.
e. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
f. Last 4 digits of sim card.
g. Any rewards in your account.
h. Autopay y/n?
i. Account #.
j. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.

To open ticket with PM via direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

@Steph3158 wrote:

Thank you for your reply, I finally have a new phone and will be looking to get a new SIM tomorrow - I hope!

Unfortunately I don't remember my login details for my account on Public Mobile, I could click the reset me password option but I don't have access to my email account still, until I get my phone up and working so I can log into it, annoying and confusing.

How do I go about contacting CSA so that they can help me?  Will it let me set up a new account using my original phone number, or it will detect that a second account is trying to be setup using a previously registered phone number?  I just really want my original phone number back so I can get into all of my locked out accounts.

@Steph3158  - glad you are getting things started up again. 🙂

To help for your login issue to My Account/Self Serve here is how you can contact Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

EDIT: no need to activate a new account. You can SWAP the sim card number on your My Account/Self Serve once you get access back. Then you keep your existing phone number on your new SIM card.

Steph3158

Thank you for your reply, I finally have a new phone and will be looking to get a new SIM tomorrow - I hope!

Unfortunately I don't remember my login details for my account on Public Mobile, I could click the reset me password option but I don't have access to my email account still, until I get my phone up and working so I can log into it, annoying and confusing.

How do I go about contacting CSA so that they can help me?  Will it let me set up a new account using my original phone number, or it will detect that a second account is trying to be setup using a previously registered phone number?  I just really want my original phone number back so I can get into all of my locked out accounts.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Your number will stay the same if you obtain new SIM and replace it through self-serving PM account.

When getting new SIM DO NOT activate it at retail as they will open new account for you which you do not need/want.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Steph3158   Sorry for what happened. Glad you are ok yourself.

Get a replacement phone first.  Also get a PM SIM from a store.  Once you have both , you will probably need to contact PM Support for a manual SIM change without sending the code to email or phone (as you don't have access to email now and neither the phone)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Steph3158 : If you can't access your email inbox registered here due to SMS 2FA going to your phone number then you'll need CSA assistance to change your SIM. (assuming you set up SMS 2FA)

They _might_ be willing to reimburse your account if you run out somewhere and buy one yourself rather than waiting for delivery. Or maybe you just tack the extra 10 bucks onto your insurance claim.

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I hope you remember your login details and if you do, then it should be easy to buy new SIM, login into your account and then change SiM card as previous posts mentioned. If you don't know your login, I suggest contacting CSA and hopefully they should be able to help you to switch SiM card (assuming you already purchased one).

Good luck

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

FYI, we are all customers and members like you, and not Public Mobile Representatives.

So, we cannot send you anything, sorry. 

Once you obtain a SIM card you can swap the SIM number on your My Account page, see here for details: 

"How To Change Your SIM Card" at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Steph3158 wrote:

I lost my phone in my house fire last Friday. How can I contact someone or have someone contact me to send me a replacement SIM for the exact same phone number I had? Is that at all possible? My phone number was used in the 2 step verification process to access my email account and Facebook so getting that number back is a huge priority for me and would make me so happy. Thank you

@Steph3158  - oh my, sorry to hear that.

Check a local area by you here to pickup a SIM card: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/store-locator

I would mention you lost your phone and just want to buy a SIM, some places push you to activate the SIM card, but don't do this as it will create another account.

EDIT, you can order online with Public Mobile, see here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/where-to-buy-a-sim

But it would be quicker if you are near a retailer.

Or, buy through Amazon or Canadian Cell Supplies, but again you are waiting for mail/delivery. Unless you are in the Greater Toronto Area, I think you can pick up same day at Canadian Cell Supplies.

Need Help? Let's chat.