cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my cell phone and need a new sim card

Qman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I lost my cell phone while walking through the park and I'm planning on buying a new one, but I need a Sim card in order to use it properly. I don't know how to order a new sim card from Public Mobile (I can't find the option on any part of the website). Does anyone know how I can order a new Sim card?

16 REPLIES 16

@Qman 

You entered the 2FA code that was sent to you via SMS text or email depending on what you chose?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Meow wrote:

Could you describe what you did in order for your new SIM card to start working?

There is an option of Change SIM in 'my account' Just put the new SIM card number and reboot. 

pkaraa_0-1642812571780.png

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Could you describe what you did in order for your new SIM card to start working?

@Qman wrote:

Recently I lost my phone so had to get a new one + a new sim card. I went to the "Change Sim Card" option and changed it but I'm still not getting any service on my new phone. I want to keep the same phone number as well so I was just wondering, what should I do/what am I doing wrong?

@Qman   How long have it been since you requested the Change SIM card?  you have entered the code from the 2FA authentication?  You picked to get the code via email, right?

If you have done it properly, the Change SIM should complete shorting. Did you try rebooting the phone?  I would say reboot the phone every 15 minutes for an update

And if you submitted Change SIM card for over 4 hours and if you have done the 2FA, then open a ticket with PM Support. 

Update:

@Qman 

oops.. i typed too slow.. seeing you have a working phone now  🙂

But I still want to know, how long you from you submit the request to completed? an hour?

Awesome @Qman !!!

What, in particular, worked?   Just for our knowledge and interest.

Qman

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Qman : If you had put your service into suspension then you'll need to Resume your service. Possibly renew the plan. Screenshot of your overview page would help. Blank out personal info of course. Just the left side.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Qman 

Since you've already changed your account over to the new SIM, you may try restarting your phone.

If the new SIM still doesn't work, please send a private message to CS_Agent with your account details so they can get the new SIM working.

@Qman wrote:

Recently I lost my phone so had to get a new one + a new sim card. I went to the "Change Sim Card" option and changed it but I'm still not getting any service on my new phone. What should I do/what am I doing wrong?

@Qman 

Try rebooting the device and resetting network connections.

Presuming the device is not locked to a prior carrier or blacklisted, it should be good to go.

And yes, you will retain the same number if you did the Change SIM feature on the self-serve page. 

Qman

Recently I lost my phone so had to get a new one + a new sim card. I went to the "Change Sim Card" option and changed it but I'm still not getting any service on my new phone. I want to keep the same phone number as well so I was just wondering, what should I do/what am I doing wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Qman 

i suggest you to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail Store or Gas Station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

and find the closest retailer store locator to you,

or 

Too easy buy it online or in Store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours. CAD $4.00 Now.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Qman 

Just go to the PM website and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Shop>SIM card.

But it is faster to order from Canadian Cell Supplies, go to your local London Drugs, Walmart, Mobile Shop (inside Superstore) or your local PM retailer.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Qman   If there are mobile stores around you , I would check them first instead of buying online with PM.  It might take a week for it to arrive.   

Look up for stores close to you and call  them  ahead if they will sell SIM by itself:

Stores near you (publicmobile.ca)

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Qman 

Canadian Cell Supplies currently has them on sale for $4 with pick up in Mississauga or free shipping via Canada Post usually within 5 business days across Canada. Otherwise pm sim cards are widely available at both small and larger retailers like London Drugs, Walmart**, TMS (currently has a spend $50 get 25,000 pc optimum points ($25), Wow Mobile, Celluriffic, Husky stations etc... If Wal-Mart is your only option call ahead to be sure they will sell you an unactivated pm sim card.

They can of course be bought online from public mobile and Amazon.ca and ship free if you have prime. You may want to log in to your self serve account and suspend hour service via lost/stolen until you are able to swap sim cards. Using this feature does cause a glitch of your rewards not applying upon renewal. You will have to contact customer support after renewal to ask them to apply your rewards manually to your account balance.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Qman wrote:

So I lost my cell phone while walking through the park and I'm planning on buying a new one, but I need a Sim card in order to use it properly. I don't know how to order a new sim card from Public Mobile (I can't find the option on any part of the website). Does anyone know how I can order a new Sim card?

@Qman  - sorry to hear of the loss of your phone. 😞 

Do you have the ability to add a screen lock remotely on it, so that is someone finds it you can have a phone number or email to contact?

Hopefully, some good samaritan will recover it for you

Log into your Self Serve and list it lost/stolen - unless you can use a locator app, or want to keep it on to keep calling it in hopes someone will answer it.

Here is a link about buying a SIM card with Public Mobile and or at a retail location: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/get-a-sim-card

Once you obtain a new SIM card, see this to swap your SIM card on your account: 

See "How To Change Your SIM Card"

at the bottom of this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/sim-swap-fraud

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Qman 

Google public mobile then go under the shop tab on the top.

Check it out here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/sim-card

Alternatively, you can also try to get one at London drugs or Walmart.

If you are anywhere near Toronto, you can also pick one up at Canadian Cell Supplies. 

Remember to use the Change Sim function under your self-serve once you acquire it.

Need Help? Let's chat.