cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to my community account

jamiepm1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This EverSafe thing is a huge mess.

My Community account used the same email address as my main account, I setup an EverSafe account but when going to community it just made a new account... So now I have no way to access it because you can't login with a username anymore?

29 REPLIES 29

jamiepm1

@hycm53 

Yes I can access the community but not from my original account. This is a new profile that I was forced to create in order to access the community – as I just explained above.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@jamiepm1 wrote:

My Community account used the same email address as my main account, I setup an EverSafe account but when going to community it just made a new account... So now I have no way to access it because you can't login with a username anymore?

I'm confused that "you have no way to access it (community)" but you can post and respond in community right now. 

jamiepm1

@J_PM It's very hard to follow in these threads and two conversations were merged so I don't know exactly what you're referring to.

I have two issues:

1. My community account was not linked to my main PM account, though they both use the same email. I have access to the main PM account but no access to my original community account, the system forced me to make a new profile for the community.
  2. I have a second PM account with a real email address that the EverSafe system does not recognize as a real email address. I cannot do anything with that at all because I cannot enter my email address. It won't accept my phone number because I haven't setup an EverSafe account.

I've explained this all in the support chat too.

Oh and a third issue is that my plan is reporting a totally different amount than it should be. I think your support person is investigating but the last response was ambiguous and confusing...

@jamiepm1 I'm sharing this with the internal teams. Have you tried to proceed with an email OTP? Just need a bit more information. 

jamiepm1

My subscription price has been changed too! Wow this has been quite the roll out.

jamiepm1

@Handy1 appreciate your input but did you read my comment at all?

I said: "I've contacted support and the response is: 'We can't do anything at our end'"

@kb_mv 

After the first time SMS verification, future logging in should show an e-mail option if clicking on Resend Code.

jamiepm1

"We can't do anything at our end"
About all issues. They've implemented a system they have no control over and they suggest no solutions.

@jamiepm1  Try contact support directly 

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

@jamiepm1 

you opened ticket with support? let's hope that can remap you the old nickname

jamiepm1

It's nothing to do with that. My email address is not accepted as an address.Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 11.17.39.png

@jamiepm1  I had to change my password to get access and 2FA for every action I didn. But it now seems to be working as it should  … maybe try again incognito  clear web browser  and try again 

jamiepm1

That's still not the problem @hycm53 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hycm53 

There is an e-mail option for the 2FA code but it doesn't show that in all cases.

@computergeek541 I had always selected email for 2FA but as of this morning I am not seeing that option anymore.

jamiepm1

My other account is 100% inaccessible via the new system because it doesn't like my email address (it uses an unusual domain).

I can't login to the community, I can't reset my password I can't do anything.

I've contacted support and the response is:

Full stop. No suggestions. Nothing.
Embarrassingly bad service for issues that are all of Public Mobile's making. Didn't even receive an apology!

@J_PM  any comments?

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@jamiepm1 wrote:

I use same email address as my self service account too,  but I don't have issue to use community.

Try clear caches, cookies and then use laptop or desktop by using private mode to login?

@hycm53 

There is an e-mail option for the 2FA code but it doesn't show that in all cases.

@computergeek541 wrote:

I've given this feedback to Public Mobile in my capacity as an Oracle. I'm concerned how a customer will be able to get support if the 2FA code isn't accessible. Logging into Community now requires that code.

It should have email option to send 2FA code, and have some apps like "Authy" to generate code to login because PM has a app now.

jamiepm1

@hycm53 no that's not in any way helpful or really relevant to the conversation. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@jamiepm1 wrote:

There are 2 ways to login community account:

Before do that you may need change password for your self service account.

1. login your self service account, then click community iron on top;

2. login your community account by using same email and password for your self service account.

jamiepm1

Looks like it's not just me getting caught up in this mess:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/A-Different-Mobile-Experience-is-Here/m...
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Help/td-p/983979

And this is just the first few hours!

@J_PM I contacted support and they cheerfully told me they cannot help. So what now?

jamiepm1

@esjliv

I use 2FA on everything I don't have a single service that uses SMS now. Aside from a few that use their own apps everything uses an authenticator app like 1Password or Google Authenticator. Though SMS might still be an option for those too.

jamiepm1

Nope, I tried to use that when I signed up and it said it already existed...

@jamiepm1 - sending codes via SMS has continued for years as well, including financial institutions. Email is always a nice option to have as well though.

@jamiepm1   can you rename this Community account's nickname to jamiepm?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile

I've given this feedback to Public Mobile in my capacity as an Oracle. I'm concerned how a customer will be able to get support if the 2FA code isn't accessible. Logging into Community now requires that code.

jamiepm1

Well "jamiepm1" IS linked to my account but my actual original community account "jamiepm" is inaccessible.

jamiepm1

Why is there no option for other 2FA methods? Sending codes via SMS has been well understood to be a security risk for years.

Literally the first article on Google:
https://securityboulevard.com/2021/12/why-using-sms-authentication-for-2fa-is-not-secure/

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jamiepm1  look like NO.  it is a Single Sign on for My Account and Community, which is a good move to avoid problems and avoid fake accounts

So, your current @jamiepm1  is not linked to your My Account?  

Need Help? Let's chat.