cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to e-mail to access online account

Judygirl3232
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I recently washed my phone & so the e-mail I have been using to access my public Mobile line account for years could not be recovered; my phone was the security backup for that e-mail account. I had to update my credit this month for my auto payment and so couldn't do so....because I forgot my password (which was also stored in my phone). I had to physically go out to the store to get a voucher. Can someone get into my account and change my email???

7 REPLIES 7

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Judygirl3232 wrote:

Hi, I recently washed my phone & so the e-mail I have been using to access my public Mobile line account for years could not be recovered; my phone was the security backup for that e-mail account. I had to update my credit this month for my auto payment and so couldn't do so....because I forgot my password (which was also stored in my phone). I had to physically go out to the store to get a voucher. Can someone get into my account and change my email???

Hello @Judygirl3232  - we are all members like you on this forum, and have no access to your account.

Only the Customer Support Agents (CSA) have access to your account; and also in your case, will need to change your email for you.

The only two methods were already provided in this thread, and they can also be found in the Public Mobile Help Articles, here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent 

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can use your PIN you set up on your account to verify your ID with a moderator. I haven't pursued this option before, but that was why they asked for one upon signup. Hope this helps.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This examplifies why I will NOT tell anyone to create a ticket on PM's systems. The entire concept of creating tickets by going through a complex menu is incredibly antiquated, and offers terrible service.

PM's agents are paid to create tickets and use whatever tracking systems are needed to fix issues. This is not the customer's job.

Judygirl3232
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The ticket submission didn't work at all.

I did have to go get a voucher to continue my service since I didn't get into my account

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Judygirl3232 

Best way is to get in touch with an agent by sending a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Judygirl3232   

For your access to My Account.  did you try using the Forgot Password link and enter the email address to recover the password?  You just need to put in the correct email address and then answer the Security question 

If fails to reset password this way, you will have to open ticket with PM Support

click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. type: Forgot log in information
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  4. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

For your service.  Is the service still working?  if so, you still have time to just reset password first and then change Credit card info after

If no service already, then go to get a voucher and load using your phone by dialing *611.  Get the voucher from Shell or Shoppers Drug Mart, their voucher could be used immediately (vouchers from other shops might need to wait 24 hours)

or you can go to use Instant Retail top up with a small fee ($1 I believe) .  You can do so at Canadian Tire Gas, Esso, Gateway Newstands and MacEwen

Need Help? Let's chat.