cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM card

Lori8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my SIM card while travelling abroad.  I have a replacement SIM card.  However, I can’t seems to activate my new SIM card .  I don’t have Eversafe so it does not send my security code to my email address.  What options do I have?  I have talked to agents.  Seems like the only option I have is switch providers if I want to keep my phone number.

4 REPLIES 4

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I had this issue, the Customer Service verified the Account was mine and than changed the SIM Card from their end.

If you already have the new SIM Card, they'll get the SIM Card Number from you along with the Account Details to do this. 

Than you'll be able to get the Text Messages to you new SIM Card. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Lori8 

Strange that the agent recommended that you switch carriers to keep your number.

All members (new or existing) are required to create an Eversafe ID now before login to your accounts. Once you are in your account, go to Profile section and enter your new SIM card number to keep your number.

Click on Sign Up and create an Eversafe ID.

IMG_0024.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Good grief. What have the agents said now? You need to be able regain access to your account to be able switch the sim card on your account. And they should even be able to do this for you. Do not sign up a new account. Let's hope you're not driven to go elsewhere.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lori8 

If you've downloaded the app, this is how you do it. You can do it the same way via the website by clicking resend code a few times till the option for Send Email comes up.

How to receive 2FA code via Public Mobile Phone app

KennethJAdams_0-1691369032466.png

Click on the Didn’t get the code? Before you do though, check the box on This is a trusted device so you never have to be asked for the 2 step again on the phone.

The next window that comes up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1691369032405.png

You can choose either Send Email which will go to the email you registered with or Send Voice Message meaning it will call your number and ask you to push buttons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.