cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM card and can't activate new account

sauccison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lost my SIM card and I can't activate my account on the Public Mobile app because they can't send the 6-digit OTP to the number linked to my account.

Is it possible to get a new SIM card for the same phone number?

If that doesn't work, how can I stop the automatic subscription renewal after the 90-day period if I can't even log into my account?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

sauccison

Thanks, I just ordered a new SIM on Amazon. I'll reply to this post once it arrives to share if it works or not 👍

sauccison

Hi,

The problem, which I mentioned in my original question, is that I can't even log into my account. Public Mobile tries to send a 6-digit OTP to my phone number but I can't it because I lost my Public Mobile SIM card 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sauccison 

You will need to login to your account and have the 2FA code sent to your registered email by clicking on Resend Code/Didn’t receive Code.

Once you are in your account, go to the Profile section and click on Lost/Stolen Phone to pause your account. Once you have a replacement SIM unclick Lost/Stolen Phone and just click on Change SIM Card to regain service.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sauccison 

you do not activate a new account

please just get a new Public Mobile sim card if you have not done so

after you got the card, try to login to the existing account to update the sim card number.  Please use email to receive 2FA (click Didn't receive code, then click Send email)

if you cannot get the code using email, just message cs agent and they can update the sim card for you onto your existing acocunt

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437       

Need Help? Let's chat.