cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM and I can't log in to account as I can't receive OTC

kb181029
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I lost two SIM cards. I have two accounts for them. I know the password. I can receive emails associated with the accounts. I still can't log in to My Account I'm asked for a OTC (one-time code) as part of 2FA.

How can I proceed to regain access to My Account without the SIM cards? This will let me to register new SIMs and move the numbers over.

9 REPLIES 9

@kb181029 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@kb181029  Please submit ticket with support so they can SIM card swap the number for you . And regain access to your account 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kb181029

I think I'm in this bucket.

kb181029

And then after I click Resend only:
Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 1.59.29 PM.png

kb181029

No, I didn't get this option. I first have:

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 1.58.19 PM.png

@kb181029  If you never set up ever safe before you might not get option for email . In that case you need to submit ticket with support to help you regain access 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

kb181029

I clicked Resend a few times and it only offered Text and Voice Message. I'll try more times and hope I'll also get email as an option.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Did you see the clickable link called "did not get code" or something like that? And if you did then did you get an email option.
Had you already gone through the setting up of this new login system?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@kb181029  Try tapping  resend code a few times you should have option for code be sent to email instead . If no luck please submit ticket to support to help you regain access . Then get new SIM cards from calling around to local Telus Koodo store for availability.and ask support to sim swap the number  for you . Or if your able to log it you can do this your self in my account profile page 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1691076429471.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

link to submit ticket 

Need Help? Let's chat.