cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost SIM Card

Lori8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my SIM card, I already bought a new one. I would like to set it up so I can keep my plan and phone number. I can’t log in to my account because I can’t receive the the confirmation texts. 

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Meow 

The "option" I gave WAS to use the PM app. I didn't say it was mandatory. You can either use the app or go online. It was just a way to resolve her issue.  🙂

Lori8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It did not work.  It always gave me to resend code via SMS text or Voice mail.  It never gave me the option of gmail.

No you do NOT need PM app. All this can be done from computer.

Just click on 'didn't get the code' few times (if needed) to get an option to receive code by email.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Lori8 

How to receive 2FA code via Public Mobile Phone app

You will have to download the Public Mobile app via WiFi of course

KennethJAdams_0-1691345662649.png

If you’re 6 digit code didn’t work because you no longer have that number or….  Click on the Didn’t get the code? Before you do though, check the box on This is a trusted device so you never have to be asked for the 2 step again on the phone.

The next window that comes up is this.

KennethJAdams_0-1691346111036.png

You can choose either Send Email which will go to the email you registered with or Send Voice Message meaning it will call your number and ask you to push buttons. Since you're changing the SIM card, Send Voice won't work so use the Send Email selection.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Had you previously already set up the new login system here?

@Lori8 wrote:

I lost my SIM card, I already bought a new one. I would like to set it up so I can keep my plan and phone number. I can’t log in to my account because I can’t receive the the confirmation texts. 

Choose the "didn't get code" option.  The code can then be sent to your e-mail address.

Need Help? Let's chat.