cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone - Want to disable SIM

altakimul
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I lost my phone, and want to disable the SIM, but I don't have a self-serve account with that phone number. I used the autopay feature. Is there a way for me to disable the SIM without a self-serve account?  

3 REPLIES 3

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@altakimul Use 1 855 4public and your 10 digit phone number and 4 digit pin To access the 611 system and  disable autopay. See how to use it below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/611-IVR-Menu-System/m-p/289352#M20315

While you wait to get access to your self service account and place it on lost/ stolen.  You will have 89 days from when your phone is suspended to get a replacemnt sim and phone. 20200504_182846.jpg

Once you get a replacement SIM card. Change it from within your self service account using the Change SIM card option.

20200723_093448.jpg

Take it off of lost/ stolen, reactivate if necessary and turn your cell off, place sim in restart your phone.  You should be able to use it. Stay safe. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@altakimul Without your phone, you can no longer setup a self-serve account. As suggested above, you need to contact moderator_team via private message.

Watch your inbox for a response as early as tomorrow. You can click on the messages/envelope icon at the top right to access your messages.

@Jb456 I believe its possible AutoPay can be setup in-store if activation was done in-store via credit card. But one does need a self-serve account to update the credit card expiry date, etc.

which is why all customers are encouraged to setup their self-serve account right away.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Hmm 🤔 you would have needed a self serve account to set up autopay. Did you have one in the past?

You should contact moderators for assistance.

Since you say you don't have a self serve account. Contact moderators via private message at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.