cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost PM account access - transferring phone number from one PM to another

AlexanderMacKay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I'm having a few issues with porting in/ setting up a new number in Public Mobile recently. To begin, I've had a Public Mobile account for about two years as my personal phone and a separate work phone. I am now converging to one (new) phone that I would like to use my work phone number with through my PM account.

I managed to port over my work phone number to my two-year old PM account with a SIM on a separate phone; however, after 12 hours I was not receiving texts or calls, and I could no longer access my account at all to change my plan or anything. I ended up setting up re-registering on my new phone with an eSIM and the new plan that I wanted; however, I used the same email as my original account (hoping the AutoPay and referral benefits I had there would transfer over), and now I can't seem to access my original PM account at all! I am also now unable to port over the phone number I want from my other PM hard-SIM to my new eSIM, as it says its an invalid number.

I'm quite lost and would appreciate any of your help! Ultimately what I am trying to do is to have my work number on my new phone (doesn't matter eSIM or SIM) and a new, upgraded plan. I can imagine a couple options to resolve this: (1) find a way to transfer my number between PM accounts (2) gain access to my old PM account and upgrade the plan, then cancel the new plan I've just set up with the eSIM.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

1. would then kill your old phone number.
2. Sure no problem. Remove sim from one phone and put it in another. That still has your previously existing account on it with your existing plan and ported in phone number.
3. Sure no problem. Log in and the 2fa should go to that phone with that account. Or use the didn't get code link to send it to the registered email address and log in.

I'm still not clear on the esim part. Did you sign up a whole other account getting an esim in the process? Was it here that you used the prior email address?

hI @AlexanderMacKay 

can you receive inbounds call on your preferred number with your hard sim?

and again, best to ask PM agent to consolidate them, I am not sure if they can refund you with that extra account, but certainly can put the preferred number on the preferred account with one email access

please submit ticket with agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AlexanderMacKay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your quick response. I agree, it's quite a mess. Having read through these forums quite a bit beforehand, I understood it should have been a simple process of: (1) transfer in preferred phone number to existing account (2) transfer hard SIM to new phone and (3) upgrade existing account to desired plan; I managed to do Step 1 and Step 2, but when I went to do Step 3 I had completely lost access to my Account and it put me through a new registration process (which also meant I lost access to Community to post or the ability to send a ticket for support). I figured it was safer to go through the registration process and it would just put an additional phone number onto my account, but I see now it removes the former one. Going through the registration process did enable me to get access to my Account again, at least. 

To clarify, my current situation is that within the same phone I have a hard SIM card with my preferred number and old plan (but I have lost access to this account). I also have a new eSIM number with my preferred plan, which my current account is tied to. My ideal outcome is to get a single account with my preferred number and preferred plan, and ideally my account history + benefits.

Thanks again 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You killed the original number on the account when you ported in a number on top of it. You would need to ask support to get the old number back on to a whole new account with a new sim. This would depend on whether it was an original Public number or if you had ported that number in when you signed up originally. But maybe they might.

Did you change the sim on the account before you ported in? The ported in number would be on the original sim if not. Do you still have the original sim?

You've made quite the mess 🙂 Perhaps if you had come here first with your intentions we could have guided you.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@AlexanderMacKay  Sorry you can’t transfer PM number to another PM account . You can only have one account with one number and it’s own email .you may need to contact support to help straighten things out for you 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.