cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Account

ttwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I set up a second SIM card/number not knowing that we can't link more than one number to an email at a time.  I now don't have access to my original account.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Terrance

12 REPLIES 12

ttwong

In the end, I had a typo in the email, so the system didn’t allow two numbers being linked to the email.  Moderator has sent me the emails, and I was able to revise it using the google aliases as others had suggested.  Thanks everyone.

ttwong

Tech support contacted me a couple of days ago, and I haven't heard back from anyone since. I still have no access to my original phone account.

ttwong

I will.  Received a number of password reset links that are no longer active.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am  I agree aliases are the way t go. 

the issue appears to be that somehow @ttwong managed to create a second account using  the same email address which then made the first one dissapear. 

If this is actually the case then it means there is another PM portal "bug"  to add to the list.

@ttwong  can you update the thread once the mods get you fixed up?

@ttwong wrote:

Yes, I was able to set up the second number with the same email, but the first number disappeared.

@ttwong, you cannot use the same email to set up multiple accounts.  Each account needs a unique login.  The way most of us do the workaround is to use email aliases. 

mimmo

@ttwong  the password reset feature doesn't work.  contacting the mods is the only way to reset the password.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, the pasword reset emails do not work.  You would need to contact the moderators for that also.

ttwong

Also want to add that if I try to have a new password sent to the original email, and answer the security question, the process initiates, but I never receive a password reset email.

ttwong

Tried that but the system is telling me that the numbers are already set up when entering either phone number.  Both phones are currently still working.  Obviously not a long term solution when if I ever want to make changes to the first account.

mimmo

strange. I didnt't know taht was even possible.

@CS_Agent  this might need to be looked into...

@ttwong  this is out there.. but could you try to create a new account with a new email address with the phone number that was lost....  

but i think if both phones are working the mods are probably the best option.  dont want to create a bigger issue....

ttwong

Yes, I was able to set up the second number with the same email, but the first number disappeared.

mimmo

Hi @ttwong  do you mean you were able to set up a second account with the same email address?

best to contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address, phone numbers of both accounts 
-pin of both accounts

- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread

Need Help? Let's chat.