cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service

Soup891
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi folks,

I've been with public mobile for nearly a year now and was happy with the service and price point. 

Over the last few weeks I've noticed that my device, a Pixel 2XL, rarely receives calls. I often find voicemails left from my family saying their call went straight to the voicemail. 

Ontop of this, when I do attempt to call out, I often wait for a full minute while the phone attempts to call. Sometimes it just ends the call before making the connection to start ringing. It's really annoying. 

I think the strangest part of this is that I always have service, it doesn't appear as LTE on my phone but instead, it's usually H or H+.

Most of this occurs at home, but I'm noticing H service when I leave the house too these days where I previously haven't had too many issues with service. I'm not sure if something changes with towers or my phone is on its last legs and something is seriously damaged the internal antenna? 

Your help is greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Soup891 

try resetting your network settings

open settings
scroll down to system
tap on reset options
tap reset wifi,mobile & Bluetooth
tap reset settings and restart

are you on Android 11? update your phone

download opensignal from the playstore and set it to 2g/3g and that will show the true coverage in your area.

Telus could be upgrading towers in the area from HSPA to LTE and public uses HSPA for calls. that could be the reason. theyre not going to tell you though. hopefully pm will implement volte, but its an expensive feature to have. it would be nice if they could create an add-on for it. $5/30 days for the customers that want it

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Soup891 

PM uses 3G signal for voice call only.

Telus network does not support the old GSM(2G) signal.

PM does not offer VoLTE.

Your phone may have hardware problem. 

Try your PM SIM card on another known working phone to determine whether the Telus network issue at your location or your phone 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@cavemantoronto To see if its your phone, try the sim in any unlocked phone. See if you are able to make and receive calls fine on another phone. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

H is used for calls.  if your phone is swtiching to HSPA when you leave home, LTE signal is weak or you ahve it set to use HSPA.  Phone could be having trouble switching to HSPA, so set network to HSPA/GSM and see if that makes any difference.

Need Help? Let's chat.