cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing connection and can't open a ticket for support

Carolin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm loosing connection intermittent. It comes back when I reset the internet or restart, at least most of the time. But most of the times when I leave home so switch from wifi to mobile it doesn't work and it doesn't connect to internet. Really frustrating 

I am also unable to open a ticket. Getting an error everytime no matter if I try through the app or website.

11 REPLIES 11

Carolin

Thanks I will try that. Never came to mind 😅

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Carolin 

Try toggling airplane mode on/off. If you have a poor connection to the network this will give you a brand new connection. You may have a small dead zone in your vicinity that affects your connection when you pass nearby or through it. If this fixes it just remember toggle airplane mode on/off again next time. You may even be able to narrow down where the dead zone is and avoid it altogether.

@softech wrote:

thanks @will13am , I  believe based on my successful experience 🙂

You've wiped a SIM and brought it back to life?  Good for you.  Not something I would ever do.  A dirty SIM means an even dirtier SIM slot.  Have any solutions for that?

thanks @will13am , I  believe based on my successful experience 🙂

@softech wrote:

@will13am 

not bad for p-sim.  while is not common, a lost contact on some phone is possible.  Not a myth but proven success.  🙂

But I usually suggest putting it to another phone as this will do both reseating as well as a force reprovision when the sim is used on another phone

Really?  I have not seen once anyone in the community say that scrubbing their SIM clean made any difference.  My SIM is an original from 2016 and it has been tossed into more phones can I count.  It is pretty worn but still works.  I would never wipe the contacts and add to the physical wear.  I guess you can believe whatever you want.  

@will13am 

not bad for p-sim.  while is not common, a lost contact on some phone is possible.  Not a myth but proven success.  🙂

But I usually suggest putting it to another phone as this will do both reseating as well as a force reprovision when the sim is used on another phone

@softech wrote:

@Carolin 

try to reseat the sim card.  Power off, take sim out and wipe clean, put it back and power up

or better to try your sim card in another phone so you can confirm it is not a device issue

if you need, open ticket with PM support and ask them to reprovision your account/sim:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Bad suggestion even if for a p-SIM.  There is no chance of contaminants getting into a SIM slot.  Rubbing the SIM contacts can only lead to wear and tear and likely reduce its reliable operation.  I don't understand the popularity of this myth.  🙄

Carolin

Have a pixel 7 pro. Doubt it's the phone, worked before with other carrier. I have an option to reset the mobile connection which works but not always will try the 4g option thanks 😊

@Carolin 

you can only reboot the phone then  🙂

what kind of phone you have?

and try changing network mode from Automatic to 4G and test if it works better.  

Carolin

Thanks. Only have e sim so won't be able to try the suggestion 😅will do pm

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Carolin 

try to reseat the sim card.  Power off, take sim out and wipe clean, put it back and power up

or better to try your sim card in another phone so you can confirm it is not a device issue

if you need, open ticket with PM support and ask them to reprovision your account/sim:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.