cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to join PM

Fred74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone tell me if is possible to transfer my number from an app to public mobile??

9 REPLIES 9

Joe_G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wouldn't advise porting a number you got from a VOIP app to Public Mobile. You may limited in who or what you can receive texts or calls from. If the number originally came from a cell provider you'll be ok.

Fred74
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you everyone for helping out. 

@Chalupa_Batman 

May the force be with you my son. LoL

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Best way to check is to enter the number in the 'Transfer Number Section', and see if it I'd Eligable for Port or not. If it's not than unfortunately you won't be able to bring the Number to Public Mobile, and if it is Eligable and let's you continue to the next step you'll need to make sure the Provider your Porting in from is listed as an Available option in the carrier section and if it is you'll have to have a paid subscription with the App in order to get an Account Number. That's the only way I see something like this working. 

Alternatively you can get a nice and good new phone number from Public Mobile if it's not able to be Ported in. (If you select a different City in your Province the Prefix will change. Example Winnipeg, MB is 431-557, and Stonewall is 204-404, I much prefer the 404 over Winnipegs prefix.)

How do you know he has TextNow? He hasn't stated or replied back to any of us yet. Dang it @BKNS27 , are you using the force again???  

KennethJAdams_1-1692931469492.jpeg

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Fred74 

Yes, you can port a TextNow number. Worked for me.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

It kind of depends on what app and what city I think. Myself, I ported my Fongo number to Public Mobile. Easy as pie! 

EDIT: On a side note, joining PM is very well worth it. I would highly recommend the $15 a month plan to try out to service to see how you like it and if it works well in your home and work area. Some folks don't think of that before they get a plan. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Fred74 

which app are you currently using ? I'm sure you can port a TextNow number...but not sure of other voip apps.

Need Help? Let's chat.