cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look at this exciting new change!

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile is charging us taxes now!

Even though the funds deposited in Self-Serve have already been taxed at point of payment, whether you paid by credit card or you bought payment vouchers from a retailer. Paying the sales taxes twice really makes me happy.

"The Future Is Friendly."

GST + PSTGST + PST

6 REPLIES 6

Korth_

@HALIMACS wrote:

Why not add a debunked Debit Visa card to at least qualify for the $2 auto pay discount each cycle.

You can still pay by payment vouchers. 

In the past it didn't matter because I always had enough referrals to pay for my whole plan (previously $25 but I downgraded because I basically never use data and I have thousands of free/gift minutes on that account).

But I might do AutoPay now that I've lost all the referrals. Since it's hard to bring referrals here and it's harder to keep them here - Public Mobile's bad rep and ordinary plans and unexciting promos are just not good enough anymore.

@Korth_

Why not add a debunked Debit Visa card to at least qualify for the $2 auto pay discount each cycle.

You can still pay by payment vouchers. 

Korth_

@hTideGnow wrote:

That is only upcoming invoice, it does not factor into Available Funds or invoice, it just prepared pretending a credit card payment.  I don't think final bill will have tax id tou paid by Available funds on account 

lol you get awarded the Solution after my Feb 5 renewal if you're right.

But you might have noticed the entire right half of my screen urgently, importantly reminding me with big boxes and buttons and angry red warning text that I don't have a payment method (a credit card) registered on this account. (That is intentional. I've strictly used Payment Vouchers on this account, always have since it was activated in 2016.)

Taxes were not included under the subtotal last month. I noticed it today because I've never seen payment numbers anywhere in Self-Serve which weren't whole dollar increments.

@Korth_ wrote:

Public Mobile is charging us taxes now!

Even though the funds deposited in Self-Serve have already been taxed at point of payment, whether you paid by credit card or you bought payment vouchers from a retailer. Paying the sales taxes twice really makes me happy.

"The Future Is Friendly."

GST + PSTGST + PST

Tax isn't being charged twice.  The information in the Self Serve page is for information puposes only. It is only a hypothetical amount of funds that would be needed to renew and taxes that would be paid if the rewards and account balance remained the same up until the renewal time. There is no issue here. Nothing extra needs to be paid.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Korth_ I don't think that is true.  That is only upcoming invoice, it does not factor into Available Funds or invoice, it just prepared pretending a credit card payment.  I don't think final bill will have tax id tou paid by Available funds on account 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Say whaaaat? 🤔

I gotta be lookin at that!

Need Help? Let's chat.