cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Longer you stay with public mobile the more you save

Ottawatech
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Can you Believe it the longer you stay with public moblie the more you'll save in the long run. Every year you will save money off your 90day plans it's the best value for your money and we all know money is great when you can save cash to enjoy on the high prices items that keep going up and up in price but thank god we can find a A community like public mobile to help us save money on our cell phone bills, I will join the more finer things in life with the extra money that I'll be saving

Cheers to all and let's help one another out with anything anyone need helps on at public moblie
21 REPLIES 21

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@james_m_eden when was the last time you checked the plan builder.  There is a newer  plan than what you are on $25 provincial talk and text -2$ autopay ,-$3 loyalty = 20$

james_m_eden

That *is* the plan I switched to, the one that SHOULD be costing me only $20 with my loyalty bonus.  The small print on the $25 plan is that it's $27 if you do not sign up for autopay, $25 if you do use autopay. 

james_m_eden

I was in error when I said I was with public mobile for 10 years, I have checked my records and I joined in august of 2012, so almost 6 years, which qualifies for the 5 year $5 max.

The problem with your reply is that when I was bullied into switching off of my canada-wide grandfathered plan I was promised if I switched to an apporived plan I would get a monthly discount of $1 per year (to a max of 5 years) for every year I was with Public mobile, not $1 per year to a maximum of $3.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@james_m_eden, According to updated Loyalty Rewards page, Once you switch to a current plan, your loyalty rewards are calculated based on your first date with Public mobile, including while you were on a legacy plan.  See the Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers section in this article.  Thus if you started with PM in June of 2014, you should be at $4 now (if you are on a current plan).

@james_m_eden wrote:

I am aware of that.  my old plan was $25 and canada-wide, my new plan is $27, ontario only, but I am supposed to be getting $5 loyalty plus $2 for automated prepay, I figured to save 5 bucks I could use alternate methods for my few out of province calls, $5 vs conveniece, but I'm paying 22 instead of 20.  It's a small difference, but I want what I was promised.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Pays/m-p/398#M2 >> "All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible."

So max Loyalty is currently $3/30 days.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@james_m_eden@Also why not switch to provincial talk and text for $25 /30 days + reward

Edit changed 40 to 30

mimmo

I believe loyalty rewards go only as far back as to when the reward plans were introduced. So the Mac you can get at the moment is $3.

For occasional long-distance the long-distance add-ons are a great option and good value.

@james_m_eden wrote:

I have been with public mobile for over 10 years, I am only gettign a $3 loyalty bonus. how do we fix billing problems when there do not seem to be any actual employees of the company any more?

Public Mobile hasn't even been providing service for 10 years.  WIND Mobile was the first to launch out fo the new entrants back in December 2009.  Public Mobile didn't launch until a later time.  As for your loyalty discount, Public Mobile's systems believe that you've only been a customer for 3 years.  Has your acocunt been open non-stop for the period of time that you expect the loyalty discount for? Maximum loyalty reward is $5/30 days.

james_m_eden

I am aware of that.  my old plan was $25 and canada-wide, my new plan is $27, ontario only, but I am supposed to be getting $5 loyalty plus $2 for automated prepay, I figured to save 5 bucks I could use alternate methods for my few out of province calls, $5 vs conveniece, but I'm paying 22 instead of 20.  It's a small difference, but I want what I was promised.

james_m_eden

I have done that. I was wondering if there was a way to get an immediate response.  I switched from a grandfathered plan that was cheaper, because with the loyalty reward the new plan would be cheaper, but I am not getting the full reward.  Maybe I should take the koodo offer they keep sending me.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@james_m_eden wrote:

I have been with public mobile for over 10 years, I am only gettign a $3 loyalty bonus. how do we fix billing problems when there do not seem to be any actual employees of the company any more?

You can send a private message to Moderator_Team.

The maximum for the loyalty reward is $5 and there are some requirements:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Loyalty-Pays/m-p/398#M2 

james_m_eden

Are you getting the full bonus you are entitled to? I have been with Public Mobile for over 10 years and I am only getting $3. I SHOULD be getting the maximum, where does this 3 bucks come from?

james_m_eden

srlawren

@Ottawatech yes, though at $1.014 per calendar month for each year of service, to a maximum of $5.07 per calendar month, the loyalty reward, on its own, isn't a very significant savings.  Granted, it's better than nothing!  But it's also not really that much to get excited about.  Now, if you combine that with AutoPay reward, some community rewards, and a handful of referral rewards, well, then you can get some pretty significant savings!  🙂  And these are on top of the already excellent rate plan prices at PM.  Bam!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Samianauman wrote:
Reward program with public mobile can't be compared its awesome. Loyalty rewards community rewards refferal as well. It's one of the best part of public mobile other then great reception.

Perhaps I need to be a little more aggressive with referring people. So far, though, friends (or co-workers) have been happy to stick with inconsistent service (Freedom)or expensive service. My one co-worker, $62 for 600MB of service from (he went over by 200MB) -- this was Rogers. 

aylc

Sorry to hear you've had such a bad experience, which fortunately has not been my experience.  What specifically are your issues that you've encountered?  Has everything been sorted with the porting?

edalgaard

Very true - I have been with Public Mobile since before they opened, and now that I'm off the grandfathered plan I can finally take advantage of the loyalty bonus. 🙂 

nskyline

This only works if you can handle the type of customer service you get from Public, which is poor, at best. Absolutely horrendous in my experience thus far, however.

They told me my port went through 100% fine, no issues, that the issue was my phone. Wrong. Then they tell me now that my number was ported from Rogers. Also wrong. I'm without full service for almost 10% of the time I paid for. Do I get that 10% back as a credit? 

SD08

Yes, the low prices and the rewards program along with a solid network sets PM apart.  I had actually considered going with Wind/Freedom (Robot Embarassed) last year because of their prices, but am I ever glad I chose PM instead.  Now I have the best combination with a great network and an even lower cost than I would have paid Wind.  Without even counting any referrals or loyalty rewards, my average cost is only $32/month for 4GB of LTE, with further savings to look forward to.

Reward program with public mobile can't be compared its awesome. Loyalty rewards community rewards refferal as well. It's one of the best part of public mobile other then great reception.
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ottawatech wrote:
Can you Believe it the longer you stay with public moblie the more you'll save in the long run. Every year you will save money off your 90day plans it's the best value for your money and we all know money is great when you can save cash to enjoy on the high prices items that keep going up and up in price but thank god we can find a A community like public mobile to help us save money on her cell phone bill I will join the more finer things in life with the extra money will save

Cheers to all and let's help one another out with anything anyone need helps on at public moblie

That is true! It's been a great service so far...

Need Help? Let's chat.